Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a rental focus 1.8tdci right at this minute bag of poo????? :oops:

Light steering ,,shit as fook gearbox, clunky clutch, tacky pedals made for a girl(only size 9 like), tacky as shit controls and seats i wouldnt put on a merry go round at the fayre :oops: :oops:
Oh and you nearly get hit everytime you accelerate or try to set off quickly from a roundabout or junction ,,about 20 second delay on the turbo ( Are you sure these don.t run a t66 turbo lol imao!!!!)

Just takin delivery this week of a astra 1.8sri on a 2-3 month lease awaiting delivery. Looks ok but that about it REALLY :( Another toilet car but cheap on lease to tie me over.

Can.t wait to get back in a DSG Car ...Really cant Do this having to push the clutch into slow down :cry:

No word of a lie took delivery of this focus was sat in in the car park for 5 mins wondering why the car wouldn.t go in reverse ,, i nearly snapped the gearstick oh yeah the Clutch :oops: :oops:

( 3 YEARS IN A DSG GOLF)its getting on my nerves so use to my golf gt sport :lol:

I do a lot of driving and traffic in all city centres DSG is a pleasure :mrgreen:

I actually think after having my golf 3 years i could drive faster on a course or given track with twists than in a manual, just got to learn how well the gearbox operates and don.t worry the car will stick like glue, its the best thing ive ever had in any car ever and i have had several sports cars in my time,,, i thought i was a manual man for life but after driving DSG for some time ,,i think why people even bother with Manual. :idea:

Bare in mind i track a Dc2 integra type r so i know what a real drivers and manual car is about :twisted:

Sorry for the rant but waiting for my ROC is doing my kenneths in 'in a big fashion' :roll:

Does anyone else feel this way about cars they have had to tollerate :?:

Just and finally my focus(TDCI) does 32.9mpg driving like miss daisy and my golf did 43-45mpg driven very hard for 3 years with no faults what so ever :lol:

To me and from now on its a no brainer vw/audi DSG End of Story :D especially for a work company car :p

·
Registered
222 Posts
ive a dsg coming next week and over the last lot of weeks ive really started to hate changing gear in my present car. this will be my first dsg car and i only test drove one for 5 mins but knew it was the way forward. so much better for more relaxed driving, perfect gear changes everytime.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I almost introduced the wifes car to the front of the house the other day after climbing in and trying to start the thing while in gear with out pressing the clutch...what's even funnier is that it is me that got her into the habit of leaving it in gear in the first place!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BAIKAR said:
ive a dsg coming next week and over the last lot of weeks ive really started to hate changing gear in my present car. this will be my first dsg car and i only test drove one for 5 mins but knew it was the way forward. so much better for more relaxed driving, perfect gear changes everytime.
You wont go wrong with DSG after a month everything is perfect your understanding will be phenominal, like knowing what weight on the accelerator will give you the exact power required for any given time, then there is the sports mode great for a few twisties then manual seqential shift and paddles for your own preferred method of gearing but ot be honest you never hardly use ,, welll i don.t because the DSG is next to perfect and thats the reailty ,, please report back after a couple of months and let me know,, you will find i am true to my words. :p

I could point a couple of little niggles with DSG like doing 75-80mph then doing a kick down on the accelerator and it drops to 4th right at the end of the gear ,, no mementum no gain in speed then flicks to 5th,, 'this in a Gt sport diesel by the way'. But hey im being really picky the Box is better than i could ever be in a manual car and thats 99% of the time ,, so take my words and enjoy DSG .. :lol:

In my eyes its the best thing since sliced bread and for people who disagree , having a test drive feels a little akward but drive after a period of time and becomes evident the truth within the DSG

I would never have a VW or Audi without it thats how convinced ive become :shock:
:eek:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
MancDave said:
BAIKAR said:
You wont go wrong with DSG after a month everything is perfect your understanding will be phenominal, like knowing what weight on the accelerator will give you the exact power required for any given time, then there is the sports mode great for a few twisties then manual seqential shift and paddles for your own preferred method of gearing but ot be honest you never hardly use ,, welll i don.t because the DSG is next to perfect and thats the reailty ,, please report back after a couple of months and let me know,, you will find i am true to my words. :p

I could point a couple of little niggles with DSG like doing 75-80mph then doing a kick down on the accelerator and it drops to 4th right at the end of the gear ,, no mementum no gain in speed then flicks to 5th,, 'this in a Gt sport diesel by the way'. But hey im being really picky the Box is better than i could ever be in a manual car and thats 99% of the time ,, so take my words and enjoy DSG .. :lol:

In my eyes its the best thing since sliced bread and for people who disagree , having a test drive feels a little akward but drive after a period of time and becomes evident the truth within the DSG

I would back this up all the way... the DSG is an excellent bit of kit and I hardly ever use anything other than the full auto, except as Dave points out on the MWay the kick down can sometimes select 4th rather than 5th, which makes a lot of noise and sees the rev's banging on 6k but easily mitigated by a flick on the flaps (fnaaarrrr) into 5th and all is well again.

I would never have a VW or Audi without it thats how convinced ive become :shock:
:eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Le_Savage said:
I almost introduced the wifes car to the front of the house the other day after climbing in and trying to start the thing while in gear with out pressing the clutch...what's even funnier is that it is me that got her into the habit of leaving it in gear in the first place!!
So understand what you mean i stalled the focus 8 times in 20mins and 3rd gear like 75mph and 6k revs ,, :lol: :lol: :lol: ,,,,

Its only when i realise the red arrow led pointing up brighter than the sun IN MY DASH ,,i change gear and the why can.t i go faster than 75mph in my head that it dawns im in 3rd:oops: :oops: maybe why im getting 32mpg but i do have the stereo on above average :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts