Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I am new here so please go easy on me,
Right I am mad about the new scirocco to the point I have test driven it 3 times (different garages of cores)
I am 21 years young and will be in a position to get the car in the summer if the job I’ve been promised happens but in the mean time dose any one know where I could rent one? Just for a weekend you understand
Any places, names or contacts would be most appreciated
Thanks , jak

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have been told that may be a possibility of having a extended test-drive with a £1000 excess. But I’ve had to test-drive with this showroom already and due to pay cuts at work I can’t afford the car till September and I will be getting the car form the cheapest place as possible, so probably not there. To sum up ill feel gilt taking this car with them thinking I am going to buy it any day now when I am not.

I have fond one place but they will charge £400 for 3 days and only supply 100 miles a day o and as I am 21 will have to supply my own insurance …

any idears anyone???
any showroom owners willing to rent out??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well idealy a week but that would cost a fortune. so a fryday to monday jobby and arond £250, 300 max can you help me Le_savage?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
by jjaacckk on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:39 pm

well idealy a week but that would cost a fortune. so a fryday to monday jobby and arond £250, 300 max can you help me Le_savage?
Sorry mate, not for such a short time, I thought you wanted one for a few months or so.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure if it helps, but I was given a 3 day test drive no worries at all. I think the company i work for use Lloyds TSB as the car broker, but I arranged it through them and they gave me a 3 day rocco test drive no questions asked.

Perhaps my company has some special deal with them or something, but like I said... no questions asked they just arranged it.

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah if your company use a leasing company they'll usual get a 3 day test drive for ya... enjoyed mine, Volvo C30 D5 / Ford ST2 / Merc CLC for nowt :) ended up ordering a car I never even test drove :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey all.new member,does any1 know where i could rent a scirocco,i hav a vw golf tsi that i rent from a rental company,and have done for over a year now.looking for long term aswell.any help would be helpful.cheers

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
I think you'd be lucky to get one on rent any time soon... :thumbdown:

·
Registered
556 Posts
business manager said:
You need to be 25 to be covered on our insurance.
I think you mean for test drives BM?

Because Im 20 and VW have covered me for 7 day insurance when i pick up come september.

G

·
I'll rent you mine if you like.

£500 per day should cover it :thumbup:

6 month minimum and you have to pay up front, deal??? :D

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
koop22 said:
business manager said:
You need to be 25 to be covered on our insurance.
I think you mean for test drives BM?

Because Im 20 and VW have covered me for 7 day insurance when i pick up come september.
Yeah the 7day VW 'drive away' insurance you get when you purchase doesn't care about age so to speak, as long as are the owner of the vehicle. It is only if you decide to take a year with them they ask for more details.

Dealers insurance would vary from place to place though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts