Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my car arrived last week without parking sensors (lease car) :( , I need these fitting and the broker is saying that there are two dealer fitted options â€" cheaper one with just audible and a dearer one that has the distance display. My local dealer has quoted me £375 + paint (another £45) but I did not ask whether it came with the display. Someone has said on this forum that dealer fitted ones do not have the visual display on the audio as factory ones do. Can any clever person out there confirm either option?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I see Andymac and Scottroc have an "ass" contest going on. That's some nice asses!*

*These opinions do not reflect those of the scirocconet staff or it's members. It's purely my own personal opinion and I happen to like a nice ass. Please accept my apologies if you are a feminist and I have upset you. But then what the hell are you doing on a car forum in the first place?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
tallguy said:
I would not bother with other than the factory fit sensors - you pay more money for the dealer fit and do not get the on-screen display.
Have to agree with you there tallguy, if the retrofit was the same as the factory fit and was similar money then maybe. But why pay more for a lesser option?? :?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm loving this thread.... a healthy mixture of information and humour...with a bit of totty on the side for good measure, just how a perfect day should be.

ps. Scotty... the disclaimer is brilliant.

pps. I would not get the retrofit sensore unless they can be made to work properly (i.e audio and visual) otherwise it will be just like a set of halfrauds spot lamps screwed onto the bumper crooked.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Le_Savage said:
otherwise it will be just like a set of halfrauds spot lamps screwed onto the bumper crooked.
I remember many years ago Halfrauds fitted a set of spots I had on a Fiat 127 (I know I know, I was a poor uni student at the time :oops: :oops: ) and they mounted them in front of the sidelights?!? :shock: :?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Le_Savage said:
otherwise it will be just like a set of halfrauds spot lamps screwed onto the bumper crooked.
I remember many years ago Halfrauds fitted a set of spots I had on a Fiat 127 (I know I know, I was a poor uni student at the time :oops: :oops: ) and they mounted them in front of the sidelights?!? :shock: :?
Genius. I actually thought that Halfords had people that where there to specifically fit things but when I was in last week (buying T-CUT for Mrs Evil's Golf) there was a guy at the till asking to have a bulb fitted. The guy said that he couldn't do it today as they were short staffed and he had noone to cover the till.

A cold shiver went done my spine....

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
imitebeurda said:
Le_Savage said:
Genius. I actually thought that Halfords had people that where there to specifically fit things but when I was in last week (buying T-CUT for Mrs Evil's Golf) there was a guy at the till asking to have a bulb fitted. The guy said that he couldn't do it today as they were short staffed and he had noone to cover the till.

A cold shiver went done my spine....
I get that same cold shiver every time I drive past a halfrauds.... my wife went there to buy a kiddie seat the the guy she spoke to who attempted to fit the seat to the car was so incompetent he was actually dangerous... I am just relieved she called me with her concerns and I told her to leave the baby in the old seat... I hate to think what would have happened if the wife had been in an accident and the baby had been in the incorrectly fitted seat!!!! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Because I was not prepared to wait for the quoted 12 weeks for delivery I ended up buying a Scirocco without factory fit Parking Sensors even though they were on my wish list.
The dealer fitted a set, but as already pointed out they do not have the visual display through the radio and only give an audio signal. However, I am glad I had them fitted - the rear visibility is so poor that personally I find them essential.

I still wish they worked with the radio display or even just muted the radio when activated and if you google for them you will find a few links for retrofitting them to work with the VW radio. I can't remember the exact cost but it was over 500 Euros for the parts! I have asked my dealer if there is an offical VW option but no answer as yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.