Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am trying to turn on the mirror down function (passenger mirror automatically goes down when car is in reverse) but can not seem to find it in the conv. section in the display menu. I have followed the instructions in the manual but I do not seem to have the option mirror down????

Can anyone help? Does everyone else have this option in the menu?

It does say in the book that some functions can be programmed in and I am wondering if i need to get this programmed in by my dealer.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Courtesy of Scirocco Central Roccopedia

"Is There A Tilting Wing Mirror Option When Reversing?
This seems to be an option only if you have folding mirrors and Xenon lights specced.

Place the mirror adjustment dial to the L postion (for the left - passenger side - mirror).
On the MFD choose Convenience > Mirror Down > ON
Select reverse and the mirror should tilt down. You can adjust the position to suit and it will remember it for next time.
When you get above about 10-15mph the mirror will go back to the original position. "

·
Registered
252 Posts
This seems to be an option only if you have folding mirrors and Xenon lights specced.
We no longer believe this to be the case, it now depends on when your car was built and as far as we know it can't be retro-fitted, don't worry your not alone, I don't have this option either.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have it, very useful, once it's set up right.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Le_Savage said:

Place the mirror adjustment dial to the L postion (for the left - passenger side - mirror).
Select reverse and the mirror should tilt down. You can adjust the position to suit and it will remember it for next time.
When you get above about 10-15mph the mirror will go back to the original position. "
Tried this. When engaging reverse the ns mirror seems to do a slight shuffle but that is all. Is there any more specific experience anyone has had to set up the function?

·
Registered
29 Posts
jblink said:
Le_Savage said:

Tried this. When engaging reverse the ns mirror seems to do a slight shuffle but that is all. Is there any more specific experience anyone has had to set up the function?
Yes, once you're in reverse with the switch in 'L' position use the controller to set the mirror exactly where you'd like it to be in the 'down' position. Then leave it, it will automotically go up again when you drive off and remember that 'down' position you set next time you activate it with Reverse and 'L'. You're getting a 'shuffle' because it's currently set to a similar position to your regular driving position. Hope this makes sense!

·
Registered
142 Posts
polts23 said:
jblink said:
Le_Savage said:

Yes, once you're in reverse with the switch in 'L' position use the controller to set the mirror exactly where you'd like it to be in the 'down' position. Then leave it, it will automotically go up again when you drive off and remember that 'down' position you set next time you activate it with Reverse and 'L'. You're getting a 'shuffle' because it's currently set to a similar position to your regular driving position. Hope this makes sense!
Yes indeed. The bit I had missed (and have not found this in the manual) is that the mirror switch needs to be in the "L" position as well. Is is a shame that VAG have never got to grips with door mirrors. This kerb function is so much more complex than BMWs I have experienced and I have never worked out why the heater is on a separate position. Most cars I have had have timed the door heaters either on a simple push button or in synch with the rear window heater. My A6 from 1998 had the same system as on current VWs. I thought it was daft then and assumed it would be put right...but no.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just to be sure, are you saying that you need to leave the mirror switch in 'L' position for the auto down to work even once it's been set up as per the instructions above?

·
Registered
173 Posts
jim68585 said:
Just to be sure, are you saying that you need to leave the mirror switch in 'L' position for the auto down to work even once it's been set up as per the instructions above?
Yes, good thing imo as you don't always want it to drop so unless its in L it won't move.

·
Registered
22 Posts
chr15 said:
jim68585 said:
Yes, good thing imo as you don't always want it to drop so unless its in L it won't move.
Yeah I agree with that...I have a 50 yard reverse down a narrow parked-up street before actually parking so I leave mine in '0' most of the time so that I can reverse down the street without it dipping, then flick it into 'L' when I reach my spot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
prometheus said:
chr15 said:
jim68585 said:
Yeah I agree with that...I have a 50 yard reverse down a narrow parked-up street before actually parking so I leave mine in '0' most of the time so that I can reverse down the street without it dipping, then flick it into 'L' when I reach my spot.
Good point. I had not thought of that. I do still think the switch ergonomics are rather w*nky though ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
^ ...oh yeah, I'm definitely with you on that. Having the switch flat on the door is a pain, as is having to turn the switch to a separate position for heating, as has been said. I'd rather have the switch moved somewhere so it's easier to get to without having to contort your hand a bit lol. :?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Despite the rubbish ergonomics, I've now got the mirror dipping when I reverse, so hopefully the alloys will now have a better chance of remaining scrape free!

Thanks for a helpful string.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info on mirror down did as you suggested no luck spoke to dealer if you do not have the feature in the display on dash it is not fitted to the car.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That isnt right. My car has no option in the convenience menu for mirror down, the only option I have regarding mirrors is both of them can adjust together. But mine look down when I select reverse and pop back up again when I drive off. I suspect more people have this and dont know they have. Even if you leave the switch on the passenger mirror, unless you have altered its position substantially, you might not be noticing it working. I would suggest sticking car in reverse, adjust passenger mirror all the way down, then drive off, make sure it goes back up, then try reverse again and see if it goes down. If it does, you've got it, if it dont, you aint! Thats how I found it on mine, the dealer didnt think mine had it, but it does!

G

·
Doesnt work on mine ether, and i have folding mirrors so bang goes that myth too. Just checked the manual it says the mirror down option is under the covenience menu. Havent got that either.

Sounds like a VAGCOM option.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry guys, was worth a try tho, its how I found mine has it!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts