Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know when the R8 look Rieger kits come on sale???

Does anyone have a price for the full kit or parts priced individually..

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of body kits but i love that front bumper. Buy it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
love this kit, its the one i want..

ive emailed a company who deal in rieger, as it wasnt on thier site, so ill see what i get back and let u no, if no one else has replied. :)

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I like the side intakes at the bottom but reckon they have really let themselves down with the middle. They should have preserved the black strip between the lights somehow and come up with something more imaginative than a squashed Audi centre grill below.

·
Registered
372 Posts
BAIKAR said:
Candy Monster said:
I'd wait and get the 'R' front and rear bumper. much better
We didn't know what the R would look like back in feb, but if you could get the r bumper with the 24hr car splitter that would look awesome. I still love the reiger front bumper but i'd rather have the r rear bumper and either r or accessory side skirts to go with it.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Candy Monster said:
BAIKAR said:
Candy Monster said:
I'd wait and get the 'R' front and rear bumper. much better
We didn't know what the R would look like back in feb, but if you could get the r bumper with the 24hr car splitter that would look awesome. I still love the reiger front bumper but i'd rather have the r rear bumper and either r or accessory side skirts to go with it.
IMHO opinion I dont want to make my 2.0tsi GT look like a "R" replica and will not be sticking any "R" bits on it. I feel its a bit like buying a boxster, "I want a 911 but I cant afford one, so....."

If I want an "R" I will bite the bullet, find the money and get one. Im not going to try and "make" one. I reckon my GT is as quick as an R, and TBH I want it to be different, not a "replica" of another model. While I love the look of the R and agree that I havent seen a kit yet that can compare with its aggression, style and quality I still feel that half the fun of modding is the search for that one bit, that will make the difference....... :thumbup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
imitebeurda said:
IMHO opinion I dont want to make my 2.0tsi GT look like a "R" replica and will not be sticking any "R" bits on it. I feel its a bit like buying a boxster, "I want a 911 but I cant afford one, so....."

If I want an "R" I will bite the bullet, find the money and get one. Im not going to try and "make" one. I reckon my GT is as quick as an R, and TBH I want it to be different, not a "replica" of another model. While I love the look of the R and agree that I havent seen a kit yet that can compare with its aggression, style and quality I still feel that half the fun of modding is the search for that one bit, that will make the difference....... :thumbup:
I think your right in terms of not wanting your car to look like a 'wannabe' but there is a lot to be said for the styling of oem parts from some manufacturers. A few examples springing to my mind would be the r32 rear end - better than mk5 gti, and mini cooper s - better than mini cooper. In both cases aftermarket kits just don't look as good in my opinion (but no doubt there are many cases where this is not true for other cars).

I think on the roc a combo would look best. At least the front end on the scirocco r does look different to the regular scirocco - the germans seem to make all their cars so samey which is what put me off an r32 as it didn't look different enough to a regular golf for me. BMWs are another example. I still love the reiger front end, just unconvinced by the sideskirts and rear bumper.

I was fancying an r until revo. Now i couldn't justify the extra money for an equivalent spec car in r form.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my 2.0 TSi Revoed yesterday. The bhp on super unleadead is in excess of 260 with a comparable torque increase. Acceleration in all gears is fantastic with a really smooth pickup. Much better than my revoed MK 5 GTi. Not sure that I could justify the potential additional cost of a Rocco R for a few body mods that can be added on later.

I think the nicheconversions front end looks good with the R8 grill, but its all down to personal taste; one mans poison is another mans etc etc.

I think Revo is the way to go, in terms of easy performance increase, unless you have money to burn

·
Registered
5 Posts
To be honest I haven't had the bill yet. But I believe I will get a special deal as I am one of the first to have my car remapped. I will let you know when the bill arrives!

·
Registered
62 Posts
pheeeew fortune, max anyone should be paying for a genuine remap should be £390 inc vat including a panel filter.
Evil Derboy said:
Price quoted previously was £499+VAT for the 2.0 GT which is far too expensive in my opinion (£573.85 total)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Evil Derboy said:
Price quoted previously was £499+VAT for the 2.0 GT which is far too expensive in my opinion (£573.85 total)
The boy with the lesser map justofying it again :cool:

If you want bargain prices expect a bargain product.

REVO is worth every penny IMO :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts