Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting chat with my boss today. He is on a higher lease allowance than me and is struggling to spec a 5 door Golf GTI for under his budget. Me? I have Roc 170TD GT on order and am getting £70 a month back from company for underspending. So that by a rough guess is £120 / month better lease deal on a Roc. He says he needs to spend extra for fancy head unit with touch screen, trick iPod connections, ACC, etc etc.
So are we not in a strange nether world where the Roc is way cooler, than frankly underwhelming Flog GTI, and better specced, and cheaper to buy? Also by my experience way cheaper to lease and way cheaper on company tax too.
It's a no brainer?

Or is it just me?

Si

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I agree, rumour is that this is why VW are not/or were not, releasing the scircocco in north america as they were worried the effect it would have on golf gti sales. I suppose if you need a 5-door the gti still makes sense, so maybe in america its all 3-doors, hence no roc!! ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's all about projected depreciation. I was able to get a 1.4 with a couple of extras (£19800 list) for £40/month less than a 1.8 Ford Zetec Titanium (£18545) and for the same as a Volvo C30 2.0 (£18105). I'm guessing the current projection is that the 'Roc will hold its value a bit better than a 5-door Golf.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A couple of weeks back when the Golf GTI mk 6 appeared on the official website I used the configurator to add as close to the same spec as I have on my Roc...obviously not exact but you can get pretty close. The full price of the golf almost touched £2000 more...very hard to understand. Clearly the GTI is the flagship, but it still seems odd. Hate to say it but the new golf just just brings to mind a Fiat Stilo when viewed from the rear...I had forgotten what one looked like til this observation came to mind :cry: ...Anyhow, us roccers are not complaining VW! [just keep the same policy for the R Roc]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Took Mr Rocca in the garage the other day they gave me a 1.4S Golf, I know it was far from top spec but it was horrible.... wanted a golf before I saw the Rocca and so glad I didnt get one!! Was so happy to have the Roc back!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.