Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a random post - not starting any controversial heated discussions etc etc (unless u want :lol: )

went to the dealers bout 3 weeks ago. told em i was interested in both, so they lined em up for me side by side for comparison etc. bloody hard decision to make as the MK6 (this one anyway) looks very impressive in REAL LIFE. However value for money roc hands down i reckon. This is the thread i started on the other side...

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=116267.0

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Koop................. ;)

In terms of straight line speed apparently the Mark VI is quicker than the 2.0tsi roc. However, the roc (apparently) is severley underestimated power wise.....................

Looks wise I think the roc wins hands down. IMHO the Mark VI golf is based on the roc, therefore it wins!

So styling the roc wins, performance the Mark VI wins.

Can a roc perform as well?? Well yes, a superchips remap, a Milteck exhaust and a Carbinio Intake system............

With these three the roc is a serious contender...............

·
Registered
283 Posts
don't dismiss the mk6 gti, taking out the issue of the rocs looks the one i looked at in the showroom parked next to a scirocco looked a superior quality product next to the roc in terms of finish and worth the extra pennies, on the GTI don't tick the acc box and keep the cloth interior and its a great motor, i was surprised by how good that car was in the flesh

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imitebeurda said:
Koop, lets discuss this sensibly...................... ;)

In terms of straight line speed apparently the Mark VI is quicker than the 2.0tsi roc. However, the roc (apparently) is severley underestimated power wise.....................

Looks wise I think the roc wins hands down. IMHO the Mark VI golf is based on the roc, therefore it wins!

So styling the roc wins, performance the Mark VI wins.

Can a roc perform as well?? Well yes, a superchips remap, a Milteck exhaust and a Carbinio Intake system............

With these three this car is unchallenged................
mate i am with the roc all the way however you just have to see one of these gtis in REAL life to appreciate its a bit better than made out! however theres just something bout the gti badge that does something but im afriad mk6 is overboard with overpricing etc. just am really peed off VW stopped with xenons for the roc for like a period of 10 months. what is the point in that??? :evil:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wigit said:
don't dismiss the mk6 gti, taking out the issue of the rocs looks the one i looked at in the showroom parked next to a scirocco looked a superior quality product next to the roc in terms of finish and worth the extra pennies, on the GTI don't tick the acc box and keep the cloth interior and its a great motor, i was surprised by how good that car was in the flesh
yes i do keep saying to people them mk6 (only with xenons) looks fantastic in real life considering how photogenic it is.

·
Registered
283 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
i would pick the roc over the golf every time, fair enough the golf might be a bit quicker but so are so many other cars, so what if your like me i bought mine on looks not performance
the roc is a great looking motor, GTI will not have the same impact (apart from front) but its the detailing on the GTI which realy surpised me, sad to say if i was buying my GT now it would have an added I, its thrown a spanner in the works on the R front for me :shock:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
i would pick the roc over the golf every time, fair enough the golf might be a bit quicker but so are so many other cars, so what if your like me i bought mine on looks not performance
x2, the roc is cooler, no doubt. the roc might be slightly slower, but I can make mine go quick!! :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
I test drove the mk6 GTI a couple of days ago, and thought it was a well balanced, quick car. My mk5 GTI Edition 30 was written off by some careless pr1ck a couple of months ago, so I'm now in the market for a new car! The difference in mk6 v the mk5 was minimal - a few new bits inside, a few minor cosmetic changes... but the mk5 was such a good car to drive, that they didn't really need to change it! I did miss my extra 'special edition' 30bhp though on the twisty roads... despite having the salesman sitting next to me. The best bit for me was when I put it into reverse and the magic camera pops out of the VW badge!!! What a great touch!

Overall I wouldn't order the mk6 as I feel its a big price jump from the mk5, but not enough different to justify it. Plus its down on power from my 230bph ED30. Hence why I put a deposit down for a Scirocco R instead! Roll on October!!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I've got an Mark 4 Golf GTi. Always liked the Golf but I bought that car as at the time I didnt want something that was really a performance car. I think the new GTi is a smart looking motor and no doubt it will do as well as the Mk5 but when you get right down to it, It's a Golf. It might be a damn good Golf but it's a Golf none the less. A small family hatchback that sits in the same segment as the Vauxhall Astra, the Honda Civic and the Ford Focus. The Scirocco sits in a segment all of its own and has much more Je ne sais quoi.

I think both are good cars. It just depends on what you're looking for in a motor. I wanted something a bit special and therefore the Roc wins hands down.

·
Registered
411 Posts
koop22 said:
any non-biased opinions about? :lol:
Mine was! I don't own either... YET :twisted:

·
Registered
600 Posts
In all seriousness - you cant really compare the 2 cars outright - really they are aimed at 2 different markets. Whilst the 'Roc is relatively practical, it aint a people carrier, and if you have young kids (pushchairs, weekly shop, large doors and folding seats back) its all gonna get a bit of a pain in the ass. :thumbdown: Go for the Golf! However, the Scirocco is more modern in apearance, better equiped, more desirable and cheaper too boot. Your also going to getter residuals for the 'Roc. I for one can live without the newer interior and the extra £5k in my back pocket thankyou! :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.