Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys & girls,

I have 4 BBS (19") rims in the garage out back. (they used to be on a Chrysler 300M).
Before I went and picked up the "Precious" at the VW dealers, I took one of them along to have them check out if they would be fit on the the Rocco.

They said they didn't fit ( :( ), probably because the tyre would stick out about 1 or 2 cms.
As I'm a total novice on technical things, but I do like gorgeous things, I would do the following: if they would fit, I would have them black powder coated and put them on my Candy for an increased wow effect. (after that, black VW badges are a must of course).

I hereby include some pictures of one of the rims with tyre. Is there anyone who might know if they would fit????? And what about the riding comfort and road noise? Would it change a lot?

Greets & thanks
Kat

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already know how they look
(gorgeous)
but I'm not that certain seen the fact that the dealer said they wouldn't fit

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no actually they don't fit completely.
I only put on 1 to see how it looked
but, I got it: I should take them to the tyre dealer and get his advice

thanks
Kat

·
Registered
600 Posts
Kat - slightly off topic, but just check the tyres over as they are quite old. The 4601 in the centre means that they were made in 2001 on the 46th week. Im sure I read somewhere (probably tyre makers propaganda!) That tyres over 5 years old need carefull examination as the rubber starts to go 'off' and brittle. If you are taking the wheels to be looked at - Id have the tyres done while you are at it. :geek:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jee, thanks for that word of advice. I just proved that I'm a zero on technical bits.
They have been lying around for some time way back in the garage.....
I'll try to get my boyfriend to take the rims over to the tyre dealer while I'm immobile (at least for another 4 weeks), so by the time I can cruise with the Precious again, it'll be either looking superb or I'll have to start another search for rims.
greets,
Kat

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you have a look on the back of the rims often a lot of the details are stamped into them life the offset, centre bore, width, etc. You can then use this to find out a bit more about if they'll fir or if anything can be done to adapt them.

HTH

Deacon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.