Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my car due to enter production sometime this week - I am considering which accessories to purchase.

I am somewhat torn between Carpet and Rubber mats - the Carpet mats look great with the Scirocco lettering but I am concerned about the practicality of them compared to their Rubber cousins.

How do the Carpet mats fair in wet or dusty conditions ? Also how durable are they ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sciroccobs1, I opted for the carpet mats and I have to say, they take a cleaning very well. Every month I've taken them out and gone over them with the vacuum cleaner indoors and they've always come up a treat. The "scirocco" lettering does lose it's "whiteness" but a quick rub over with a small amount of upholstery cleaner at the same time as the vacuuming does the trick.

They certainly look smart in the car and I initially rejected the rubber mats because I thought they would detract from the look, I could be wrong though if anyone has any photos...

·
Registered
277 Posts
i use my car to travel to / from site, and to say the least the conditions underfoot in january were 'unclement' and to be honest the carpets stood up to it very well. so i dont think rubbers are worth the bother.

·
Registered
79 Posts
albertz33 said:
i dont think rubbers are worth the bother.
Keep saying that to the missus but she still won't let me go bareback :(

In all seriousness I was dead lucky - I didn't order premium mats but when the car was delivered there were some dealer-monogrammed ones added front & back... :D Exactly the same shape etc except with Ridgeway monogrammed instead of Scirocco... good for free :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I went mad and got both! Intending to swap as an when the weather changes. This has proved a pain as the weather is so unpredictable! Rubber are in at the mo' but as soon as the long hot summer comes along as promised i'll switch em back to carpet :roll:
Both are really good quality but I think the price of the premium carpet's are OTT

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Le_Savage said:
morrissey said:
I went for both - depending on the relative inclemency of the weather.
At the moment I have the builders in so I have reverted to rubber.
Is that a bit like the ladies having the decorators in???? Or maybe you are having an extension to your sunroof?? :p
:lol: :lol: You are always one step ahead of me LS, was thinking the same thing, although is it not the "painters"?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Le_Savage said:
morrissey said:
I went for both - depending on the relative inclemency of the weather.
At the moment I have the builders in so I have reverted to rubber.
Is that a bit like the ladies having the decorators in???? Or maybe you are having an extension to your sunroof?? :p
:lol: :lol: You are always one step ahead of me LS, was thinking the same thing, although is it not the "painters"?
Ha ha... and yes I think it is the painters, just didn't want to be to bold so always had the ignorance card to fall back on!!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
sciroccobs1 said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'll go for the carpet option as my practicality concerns have been put to bed after all your feedback.

Thanks.
I have the basic carpet mats, was in the local VW dealer today ordering my aluminium pedals, and asked him about the premium mats, £53 for the "scirocco" embossed front ones. Not bad, might order them!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.