Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Roc for 5 weeks now and finally managed to get round to detailing and taking some pics

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imitebeurda said:
Looking good Sam, number plate looks well too ;) (pity it wasnt VW 09 SAM!)
It might of been available but I chose SW for Sam Weller - my name :D although it really should of been AW as my real name is Adrian but everone barr family call me Sam hence the plate.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SCOTT said:
very nice i do like :)

what products did you use?
Quite keen detailer with my celica having used Zymol Japon Wax but did look on detailingworld.com for some newer better shampoo and drying towels that were softer for paintwork and the ones I used got very good reviews.
I used the following although I have used Collinite on my Celica before.

Washed it with Duragloss 901 car shampoo, dried it with a Duragloss drying towel very soft and soaks up loads of water, then went over the car with a Eurow microfibre (pack of 10 and very soft), then applied Autoglym SRP with a Meguires micro fibre pad bufing off with another Eurow micro cloth as I go along each panel at a time once done go over whole car buffing off any residue then I applied Collinite 915 wax again with Meguires pad (you use a damp pad) then allowing to dry to a haze buff each panel at a time with the 3rd Eurow microfibre - results stunning.
I normally always apply a second coat of Collinite the following day but not done so as car is too hot after driving most of day but may do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Sam63 said:
SCOTT said:
very nice i do like :)

what products did you use?
Quite keen detailer with my celica having used Zymol Japon Wax but did look on detailingworld.com for some newer better shampoo and drying towels that were softer for paintwork and the ones I used got very good reviews.
I used the following although I have used Collinite on my Celica before.

Washed it with Duragloss 901 car shampoo, dried it with a Duragloss drying towel very soft and soaks up loads of water, then went over the car with a Eurow microfibre (pack of 10 and very soft), then applied Autoglym SRP with a Meguires micro fibre pad bufing off with another Eurow micro cloth as I go along each panel at a time once done go over whole car buffing off any residue then I applied Collinite 915 wax again with Meguires pad (you use a damp pad) then allowing to dry to a haze buff each panel at a time with the 3rd Eurow microfibre - results stunning.
I normally always apply a second coat of Collinite the following day but not done so as car is too hot after driving most of day but may do it tomorrow.
Lovely job Sam, car is stunning, ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks terrific Sam. I have always been a fan of Autoglym products and have done my with several coats of Extra high gloss protection but having read other comments about Meguires stuff on here think i may try it. It does seem pretty pricey though and i wonder of putting it on top of autoglym would be a waste of money? Waggers in viper :mrgreen:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
waggers said:
Looks terrific Sam. I have always been a fan of Autoglym products and have done my with several coats of Extra high gloss protection but having read other comments about Meguires stuff on here think i may try it. It does seem pretty pricey though and i wonder of putting it on top of autoglym would be a waste of money? Waggers in viper :mrgreen:
Cheers guys just to confirm only products used were Shampoo - Duragloss 901, Polish - Autoglym SRP, Wax - Collinite 915.

Would not use Meguires polish or waxes - don't rate them at all TBH

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
scottyroc said:
gotta agree meguires is not good...plus correct me if im wrong but you should only put one coats of extra gloss protexction on waggers....better to get a good quality wax on then one coat of extra gloos...may be wrong though...i think sam will tell us...hes OCD (obsessive car detailer) :lol: i used to be like that...good lad
I was very happy with Meguiars stuff on my last car which was white but I must admit I fond the NXT Techwax 2 to be quite difficult on my black 'roc. I've heard good things about Collinite so I might give that a go.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
imitebeurda said:
sciroccorocket said:
imitebeurda said:
A lot of the show guys swear by Collinite and wouldnt use anything else. I bought the Autoglym HD but might give it a go myself next time. ;)
can i have you old stuff :crazy:
Sorry, I should have said "I might have a go with it myself when the HD Wax is finished" ;)
worth a try :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Nice looking shine you got going on there Sam :mrgreen: Just makes me even more concious that mine is still covered in bugs the size of birds from the last cornwall dash during the summer.. oops, the other week when it was nice weather.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.