Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the sat nav updatable or is it a case of once it's in that's the maps you've got :?:

G

·
The only way to update the maps is to buy a new CD from vdub. Not sure how much they are, but im sure they wont be cheep.

·
Registered
258 Posts
on the subject of sat nav, is it any good? I have used a few nav mans, mainly tom tom for the last few years, and also the dvd sat nav in my Audi A6 (current car). Have gone for the sat nav built in on my roc (arriving early June, I hope!) but was wandering what people thought of it in practice?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've used Tomtoms and garmins but no other built in units. Have to say I'm pretty impressed with the RNS510 in terms of routing/rerouting and general accuracy. The lack of full postcode entry isn't too much of an irritation, though I do miss being able to add POIs like cameras.

I have seen strings saying that this is actually possible, but don't feel confident enough to reprogram the RNS, so have opted for a pogo alert instead. Just need to get it hardwired in now as don't want wires trailing over the dash - which is why I went for the nav unit in the first place!

·
Registered
258 Posts
My Audi has a built in unit with out even partial post code input, just a case of town/area and street name. I have to go to a new address nearly everyday as part of my work and i have not had a problem with it. So i think i should be ok without full post code input.

Does the VW one have TMC i.e. re routing in case of live traffic?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Still getting used to the nav as I've only had the car two days! However, inputting new destinations/favourites etc seems to be straightforward. Seems accurate enough and I like the ability to view upcoming turns etc in the split screen. I waivered at the thought of specifying it at first as its not cheap, but now glad that I did.

·
Registered
34 Posts
atayub said:
Does the VW one have TMC i.e. re routing in case of live traffic?
Yes it does, and you can set it to reroute automatically or only with your say-so. The TMC is viewable separately from the Nav as well, so you can easily see the latest updates (not linked to your route) by hitting the Traffic button. Tapping an entry on-screen then brings up more detailed info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.