Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I collected my new Roc yesterday, but when i asked the dealer where the DVD for the SatNav was, he said that we dont get one as the maps are all installed onto the Hard drive. when i pursued this he said that the dealership only had 2 copies of the disk and they use these to load the maps onto customers cars. after much discussion he reluctantly gave me one of his 2 copies of the v3 disk. We are paying £1000 extra for the Satnav and VW doesnt give the disk, i have a good mind to write to VW and demand a full copy of the V4 disk as the mapping data will probably be out of date on the V3 maps. anyone else had problems getting the disk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have been an avid reader of these forums for a couple of months now and i think i know what i am supposed to receive with the car, however my dealer was adamant that we dont get a copy of the disk and as said i had to "pursuade" him to give me a copy. Could any new purchasers tell me what version of the disk they received as mine was bought on Thurs 29 Apr and i managed to get a V3 disk. I dont know what version is installed as i dont recall seeing a way of checking the version on the system.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The cynic in me says this sounds like the stealer has got himself a sideline ebay business in VW Nav discs or something similar. Surely if his story was true and he only had 2 discs and they were not supposed to be delivered to customers with the car he would never have agreed to relinquish one to you however persuasive you were.

I would call VW and verify the facts then if he is telling porkys report his arse to the head :roll:

·
Registered
57 Posts
fred099 said:
Could any new purchasers tell me what version of the disk they received as mine was bought on Thurs 29 Apr and i managed to get a V3 disk. I dont know what version is installed as i dont recall seeing a way of checking the version on the system.
I got my car two weeks ago and also got Ver 3.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
MarkoRocco said:
fred099 said:
Could any new purchasers tell me what version of the disk they received as mine was bought on Thurs 29 Apr and i managed to get a V3 disk. I dont know what version is installed as i dont recall seeing a way of checking the version on the system.
So does that version contain the roadworks at Nottingham on the M1 or was it before their time??

·
Registered
57 Posts
Le_Savage said:
MarkoRocco said:
fred099 said:
So does that version contain the roadworks at Nottingham on the M1 or was it before their time??
It actually says M1 - "under construction" and there's a Luftwafer aerial photo of the intended route.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

It actually says M1 - "under construction" and there's a Luftwafer aerial photo of the intended route.
Ha Ha... so now you want the V4.... was that not the germans own version of the flying bomb or have I been ready to many boys comics???

·
Registered
57 Posts
Le_Savage said:

Ha Ha... so now you want the V4.... was that not the germans own version of the flying bomb or have I been ready to many boys comics???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I luv ze humour of youzz britishers...

·
Registered
372 Posts
You should get the DVD with the car (I know as both Rocs have DVD nav). It's like the MDI cable.... The dealer orders it in after the car arrives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.