Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening Gents,

I'm Chris from Chorley Car Audio up in Lancashire. I'm the official sponsor for car audio on the R32oc.com and would like to offer any guidance/advice on any questions you may have on the audio set up in the new Scirocco. I've worked on a few of these now and they're a VERY similar set up to the Mk5 Golf so any and all audio/in car entertainment questions are welcome from you. Feel free to pic my brains and i'll help you any way i can.

Loving the new Scirocco, hope they do a 4wd version of it soon!!!

Chris

Chorley Car Audio
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, i'm not trying to plug for business at all, this is just friendly advice being offered and any help i can give you in order to make your life easier.

;)

Chris

CCA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Whats the audio like in the Roc (Standard or upgraded)? I have a subwoofer in my current car but not sure I want to have a dirty great big sub in the boot of this one. I like having my boot. :roll:

Additionally can an ipod be controlled from the standard headunit / steering wheel controls or does it mearly take the tracks from the ipod into the headunits memory?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
I have the standard speakers in my car, didn't get Dynaudio and they work great. I have connected an Ipod to it, over 5000 tracks controlled by the unit or the steering controls.

If you buy the Sat Nav head unit, it has a 30GB HDD, 10GB of which is used to rip the Sat Nav DVS onto it should you wish to free up the DVD player so the remaning 20GB can be used to store MP3's on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Chorley Car Audio said:
Evening Gents,

I'm Chris from Chorley Car Audio up in Lancashire. I'm the official sponsor for car audio on the R32oc.com and would like to offer any guidance/advice on any questions you may have on the audio set up in the new Scirocco. I've worked on a few of these now and they're a VERY similar set up to the Mk5 Golf so any and all audio/in car entertainment questions are welcome from you. Feel free to pic my brains and i'll help you any way i can.

Loving the new Scirocco, hope they do a 4wd version of it soon!!!

Chris

Chorley Car Audio
oi, i was here first :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
jon griggs said:
oi, i was here first :lol:
Now Now Guys!

Any pics of installs yet? Be nice to see what is being done. I have to admit I've not bought a copy of Max Power for about 5 years now. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Griggsy You MOFO, Change your AVATAR (or Aviator as you call it)

I havent had a chjance to do any audio builds on these yet guys but have fitted a few Parrot kits and they do work really well.

As soon as i get my clammy mits on one to do an audio build i'll get some pics up. i'm fancying the recess on the left side of the boot for a covert fiberglass sub build though. Tasty!!

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Ok this isnt strictly an audio question but it is related.

I am about to order and am currently going for the dynaudio Satnav/DVD set up without the CD changer as I am going to plug my MP3 player in.

I was also toying with the idea of adding the bluetooth prep, however my current phone (SE K850i) does not have rSAP (remote SIM Access Protocol). Is my only option in this respect to change to a phone that does support rSAP or are there other solutions that integrate with the Sat nav/DVD head unit?

Any help is as always greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris Mate,

you DO need to change to a phone with remote sim access pal otherwise your phne wont send phone numbers and names to the sat nav unit.

In the Mk5 golf you CAN integrate a phone into the steering wheel controls on there and the controls are as follows (same as VW standard kit) - Last Number Redial, Call Answer, Call Reject and Volume control whilst in call. Not bad from just the steering wheel. This would however mean you need an additional display but this can be mounted on the dash to the left or right of the steering wheel.

Have a look at the Parrot cK 3100 black edition, they seem to go quite well with the Scirocco dash.

Cheers

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
cpjames said:
Ok this isnt strictly an audio question but it is related.

I am about to order and am currently going for the dynaudio Satnav/DVD set up without the CD changer as I am going to plug my MP3 player in.

I was also toying with the idea of adding the bluetooth prep, however my current phone (SE K850i) does not have rSAP (remote SIM Access Protocol). Is my only option in this respect to change to a phone that does support rSAP or are there other solutions that integrate with the Sat nav/DVD head unit?

Any help is as always greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris
You could look at getting a Fiscon Pro http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/rns_510.php The list of supported phones is about 17 pages. I have one fitted with an RCD-510 and it works perfectly with the head unit although there is an issue with the MFD integration at the moment which I waiting on an answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
jon griggs said:
you can now get a very shallow mount sub from JL audio that will take up to next to no room in the boot

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs ... age_id=245
:eek: :eek:

Thats one thin subwoofer !!! Things have certainly moved on since I bought my last Sub. Do these subs actually work well? How do they move enough air !

Looks like that would be the answer to my boot space problems though.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
the response i have had has been extreamly good and we have had some excelent reviews.we have one in our A3 demo car ,i might put one in my seat over christmas.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,729 Posts
Can anyon help me with some instructions on how to swap out the speakers in the Roc. I just need to know how to take the door cards and rear side panels off to access them. Any chance anyone can help me out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Hi - I am in the planning stage of buying my new Scirocco. I head that the SatNav is not that good that comes factory installed. There is someone selling on eBay a system that sounds pretty amazing and is half the price. If I buy the Dynaudio and a basic stereo the buy a system like this afterwards will I be better off?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0336694654

The guy at Southend VW told me you can not put in a postcode into the standard system and I think I will resent paying £1500 for something that is not as good as my current sat nave purchased in Tesco for £100!

Thanks for your help.

Daniel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,216 Posts
recordscout said:
Hi - I am in the planning stage of buying my new Scirocco. I head that the SatNav is not that good that comes factory installed. There is someone selling on eBay a system that sounds pretty amazing and is half the price. If I buy the Dynaudio and a basic stereo the buy a system like this afterwards will I be better off?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0336694654

The guy at Southend VW told me you can not put in a postcode into the standard system and I think I will resent paying £1500 for something that is not as good as my current sat nave purchased in Tesco for £100!

Thanks for your help.

Daniel
you can use a postcode just not the full post code
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hi what is the best idea the 510 unit with sat nav or the new kenwood which is coming out for vw? and best place to buy a 510 unit?
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top