Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the exterior colour range and having seen at least some of the colours in the flesh now, I think darker colours such as black, pewter grey and rising blue suit the Scirocco best. The other colours are fine and the only 2 colours I would not spec are:
white - suits the car but goes in and out of fashion too much
viper green - I know it's a heritage colour but it does nothing for me

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
IMHO the roc deserves a colour to make it stand out a bit. I dont really care about fashion much (as Imitebeurma will attest to given the contents of my wardrobe :shifty: ) so for me it was white, red or viper. As I went for an ex-demo to avoid a lengthy wait I ended up with red. Thinks it looks well and its one of the few colours that really shows your hard work when you spend a few hours at it with the Autoglym. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Slightly off topic (not a good start for my first post :) )

I know in theory you can ask for the Scirocco in any of the VW colours that are used in the same factory.

a) Has anyone actually done this yet?
b) Does anyone know of a comprehensive list detailing what colours would be available?

Thanks Danny

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
dannyh said:
Slightly off topic (not a good start for my first post :) )

I know in theory you can ask for the Scirocco in any of the VW colours that are used in the same factory.

a) Has anyone actually done this yet?
b) Does anyone know of a comprehensive list detailing what colours would be available?

Thanks Danny
I've not seen anyone on SciroccoNet who has done this yet but yes it has been confirmed it is possible.

As for the colour range available, a tour around your local dealers car park followed by picking up every brochure in the range might be the way forward.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Scotty i think you made a good choice. Shadow blue seems much rarer than rising blue. I chose viper and def have no regrets even though i am usually pretty conservative on colour and it gets a very good reception wherever i go from old and young. However its definitely not the colour if you want to be inconspicuous! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm waiting to see which colour gets their 1st speeding ticket - vipers definately can't hide :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
I think 'Viper' is sound but my Mother always say 'Greens unlucky, you will not be getting one of those Charles' :eh: :oops: shall I ignore her when I order mine next Sunday.

But I must say white is probably the best colour to get it in (IMO) especially when I tailor make a red ring for my grill like on the GTI :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Flux said:
I think 'Viper' is sound but my Mother always say 'Greens unlucky, you will not be getting one of those Charles' :eh: :oops: shall I ignore her when I order mine next Sunday.

But I must say white is probably the best colour to get it in (IMO) especially when I tailor make a red ring for my grill like on the GTI :cool:
White all the way! (And that's coming from a guy who has a black one!)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is it me all do all Viper Green owners seem to be in their 40's.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.