Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to publish some concept designs for new Scirocco seat upgrades.

Before I pick the final set, does any one have any suggestions they want to share and possible be turned into an interior upgrade?

I have provided a link to a seat template, if you could post any designs with details to this thread.

http://www.transformleather.co.uk/downloads/Scirocco_outline_template.jpg

to give you an idea of what is available, we can make interior upgrades incorporating:

• Different Colours of leather and Autosuede[/*]
  • Carbon-Fibre look leather[/*]
  • Contrasting stitching (stitching at the sides of seams)[/*]
  • Piping[/*]
  • Embossing[/*]
  • Embroidery[/*]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As promised, these are the three final concept designs for the Scirocco Leather Upgrade. If you could give me any feedback on these, and which (if any) you think Transform Leather should include in the Scirocco portfolio.

Design 1 Ellipse
Ellipse uses inserts to shape the seat differently from the default 'square' back rest. It also has a padded base that extrudes as a separator for the legs as found in some sport-style seats. It also boasts wing inserts on both base and back rest.

EDIT - The black lines indicate a hidden seam that allows better fixing to the foam on seat.

Design 2 Partial Herringbone
The partial herringbone stitch runs up the central panels of the seat. It also has wing inserts on base and backrest.

Design 3 Padded Base
This concept has a padded base that on extrudes from the top of the base, and also has inserts in the central panels and wings on both base and backrest.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
TBH I think option 1 "Ellipse" offers something different the two-tone design and the "seperator" look stunning and very modern (in keeping with the innovative and flowing design of the car). It would really stand out, would it be possible to have the seat or head rest embroidered with "Scirocco GT" (Scirocco in white GT in red) I think that would add to the overall "tailored" look, how much extra would the embroidery cost? Also, applying a similar 2-tone leather design to the door cards would be important to get the total bespoke package. Again is that possible and what would be the cost. You quoted £600 to NI, would that be for the "ellipse" can you quote me to include the embroidery and the door cards (rear cabin material would need to be dealt with too.) Do you know of anyone in NI who could fit this and have you an idea of what they might charge??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We can add any embroidered emblem or logo for £35 extra. I will submit the design to our factory to make sure this isn't going to cause problems that would increase the cost, I don't think it would as we add extra padding to an Isuzu model.

I don't know personally about trimmers in NI, but let me have a scout about. I would want to recommend someone that would do the interior justice.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
TransformLeather said:
We can add any embroidered emblem or logo for £35 extra. I will submit the design to our factory to make sure this isn't going to cause problems that would increase the cost, I don't think it would as we add extra padding to an Isuzu model.

I don't know personally about trimmers in NI, but let me have a scout about. I would want to recommend someone that would do the interior justice.
Appreciate that, I think the ellipse design is superb. Would be VERY interested in ordering it. What about the interior door cards/side panels? Are they included in the price?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, all seats and door cards are included.

I will send the design to the R&D on monday for their attention, as soon as I get an answer I shall add it to this post for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to show how a simple alteration to the seat cover design can give it new 'feel':

By giving the seat inserts a flat with flutes design, you get a different look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts