Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has purchased the new Roc should be aware that the normally unflappable Germans have made a slight error in their design as the windscreen wipers cannot be folded away from the windscreen for cleaning or maintenance as they foul with the bonnet.

Not a major worry but be careful that you don't chip the paintwork especially of you vist the numerous hand car wash facilities run by our Polish cousins as soemone who doesn't know is likley to either chip the paint or bend the wiper. :?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Its not a design fault. The wipers recess below the bonnet line to help reduce wind noise. There is a 'maintanence' setting which brings the wipers a half sweep up the windows to enable you to change the blades/clean them. The procedure is in the manual, can't remember it off the top of my head, but i think you put key in ignition, turn on electrics, sweep the wipers and then turn off ignition. Or something like that.....

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do understand how to do this yourself I was more worried about the pikeys at the lights who want to clean your windows!!!

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts