Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It will be good for the forum to get some feedback about who you are insured with on the Scirocco and your best quotes so that people know the cheapest place to look.

Tony

·
Registered
283 Posts
i use Bell good value if you don't have masses of no claims behind you, mine is up for renewal this month, they did a cracking deal on our gti-p for other half at £350 (her existing insurer of 9 years wanted £800) not bad for Group 18

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have had company cars for years..anyone know of a company that would deal with me as I have no effective no claims discount really...

Anyone any ideas?

Ta

·
Registered
283 Posts
bdb, i had the same problem and bell were the difference between me selliing my a3 and keeping it last year, i then got rid of it cause it was sh/te!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Got mine from Admiral @ £636.80, and I'm 25.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've just tried Swiftcover (up until recently the Scirocco couldn't be quoted on)
£275!! with legal cover,protected no claims and business use (only 10k miles a year though)No points . There is a plus with getting older I'm 43 ;)
When I added my partner it was cheaper ,£285 otherwise - even though she'll never drive it!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was with them last year, but couldn't get the Scirocco covered since it wasn't on their system. Damn!

·
Registered
283 Posts
my renewal date is soon so here is hoping, other halfs do have there uses, for insurance that is

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been checking back with them from time to time since I ordered as I'm with them at the mo' for my Gti -much cheaper. I also got £45 Quidco cashback . But I think that was only for new business.Still ,I'll try to do it again when the Roc rolls up!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Always check the compulsory excess as i found it to be very high on the cheaper quotes, worth considering when you decide your voluntary excess.

·
Registered
74 Posts
veeedubba said:
Always check the compulsory excess as i found it to be very high on the cheaper quotes, worth considering when you decide your voluntary excess.
£300!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
my downfall was had two claims in two years, one not my fault and resolved, the other unresolved having been hit by a London bus is not (no surprise), linked to business use and 25k a year my a3 cost me £720 last year, parked on drive, not a great postcode, shopping around has bought no great deals, however, current company have come in at £520 which £200 quid less in a year (the scirccoco is a higher group), they do a 10 month policy which gives you a years no claims bonus and means my renewal date is no longer new years eve

·
Registered
484 Posts
i tried ringing a few insurance companies in ireland and not one of them have heard of the sricocco yet

·
Registered
277 Posts
BigDawgBaker said:
I have had company cars for years..anyone know of a company that would deal with me as I have no effective no claims discount really...

Anyone any ideas?

Ta
Usually a letter from your company will count as no claims bonus, thats what i was told..

·
Registered
141 Posts
I tried VW insurance but they came back with about £800!!! I have just bought a 25k car from them and thats the best they can do!!!

I then tried my own insurance company, Direct Line, and they managed to knock about £420 off of VW's quote. Wow.

I then read the topics on here about site sponsors and thought a would try Adrian Flux.

It took a few phone calls/PM's to Dan before they managed to beat the DL quote. It included all the upgrades like sunroof/wheels/leather etc and for some bizaar strange reason when i added another named driver to the policy it came down even more.

Work that one out.

Just add your gran or something for further discounts on your policy.....lol!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts