Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ordered my Scirocco I opted for the Cloth Interior
Personally I glad I did as I think it looks better that the leather option!
Just my personal taste.
Do any other owners think the same as me or am I minority here!

:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think if you are happy with cloth then you have made the right choice.

I personally love the leather in this car, feels real quality.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I wouldn't have chosen Leather if the Catch Up interior was offered here in the UK, but because I felt the cloth wasn't as special as having leather I opted for leather, the £1500 price tag was the only disappointment. would have happily paid around £1100 for it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love the leather interior, but I would never have paid the list price for it. Fortunately, as I was coming from an Eos I had to reject, VW UK gave me the leather seats at a massively discounted price as a good will gesture.

I really think leather adds something to the interior, but it is an expensive option, I dread to think what the mark up is. As martin said, if you're happy with the cloth interior, you've made the right decision, and saved yourself a bundle. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
i love leather interior but costs like 2200 euros in ireland

·
Registered
618 Posts
aardvark54 said:
Cloth is fine, but personally I think the leather is superb quality, although a tad expensive. It certainly brightens up the interior.
There is very little actual leather in a factory VW 'leather' interior.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the merlin cloth interior in mine and its fine, I thought lonmg and hard over the leather option by looking at other vw's and think the best place for leather apart from the sterring wheel is on your feet. The leather seems to stretch a bit with use and looses its attraction for me. Leather is also not much fun when getting in from the rain, it squeeks like crazy.Then theres the cost, Probably better to find a decent upolsterer and get a top notch leather fitted if you are going to kee the car long term.

·
Registered
372 Posts
my personal view is that in a premium car such as the roc leather just suits it better but if you prefer cloth fair play to you, you'll be loosing less on depreciation. The car felt like a bargain to me as i was looking at a new mini cooper s JCW, so i went a bit crazy on the expensive options bar pano roof.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If the cloth looks so good why no members posting pics to back up the claim. Not throwing in a gauntlet i'm just interested to see a pic with the Merlin I keep hearing a lot about. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
We at Transform Leather, supply our leather interior cheaper than the factory fitted option. We think ours is just as good (if not better) as we can give you, the customer more options - colour of leather (have it in lime green leather with bright orange stitching if you want), colour of stitching, incorporate more than one colour of leather.

We have supplied this and other factory-looking interiors to dealers as cost and time scales put customers off.

We also have other materials like vinyl, Autosuede and Alcantara if required.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Deffo leather for me, but not the beige ...had it in a demo and i nearly threw up everytime i looked at it!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
spamdog said:
Deffo leather for me, but not the beige ...had it in a demo and i nearly threw up everytime i looked at it!
Dont call it beige!!! :eek: :shock: :? I think it is "truffle" although never seen a truffle that colour ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm happy with my Merlin seats. Black leather would have been nice and I might have stretched to the £1500 price tag. But what made the difference for me was the interior roof etc. linings.
With the leather options its all black - very black - making it too dark inside the cabin for my liking. Or as my missus said ... "you need a torch in here".
With the Merlin you get lighter beige coloured linings which makes it all a lot brighter inside. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love the Merlin cloth seats... much more sporty than leather in my opinion - plus I couldn't justify an extra 30 quid a month PUC for leather...

The seats are much darker in flesh than it's depicted in photos & has a much more firmer & 'Recaro-esque' feel to them.

I approve :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts