Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres one for you all, scirocco net or scirocco central ?

i spend more time and think the banters better and scirocconet, nowt wrong with sciroccocentral tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
heres one for you all, scirocco net or scirocco central ?

i spend more time and think the banters better and scirocconet, nowt wrong with sciroccocentral tho
Controversial..... I like it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
I agree, having been on Central for a while (over 600 posts), when I started on Net I found some of the issues were a bit repetitive for me (no ones fault), but I like the banter which is why I keep coming back :D

Plus Net has its very own Business Manager - although he may have set up an account on Central too if not then someone is trying to be him :lol:

However I'm not one for choosing sides - no one benefits which is why I post any info I have on both sites (e.g. Remapping with Bluefin)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
I am registered on sciroccocentral but prefer the more chilled out and less repetitive nature of scirocconet. Being a dealer I get a bit tired of the dealer bashing on sciroccocentral so give my marketing budget to scirocconet :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
86 Posts
yes banter is good but its abit like scirocco central deja vu only with a two week time lag on the mods stuff, i also like you don't get pounced on by over eager salesmen trying to sell you a scirocco or a golf on there.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
86 Posts
bit eager/desparate for my tastes but in reality you given some good deals

personally people who have criticised dealers seem to have a just oint and in reality never name and shame, highlights the massive inconsistences in aftercare service eg DRL deactivation, in reality its the members that do the complaining, people do forget dealers only possibly sell 2/3 scircoccos a month and in reality its a new product so forum power in some cases may well have more collective knowledge given not many pass through their workshops
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,707 Posts
penfold said:
in reality its the members that do the complaining, people do forget dealers only possibly sell 2/3 scircoccos a month and in reality its a new product so forum power in some cases may well have more collective knowledge given not many pass through their workshops
Good point!! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
Am registered on both but prefer Scirocco net. Sometimes the banter gets a bit aggresive for my liking but generally the members seem a good bunch. To have someone in the trade (business manager) actively paricipating has to be positive. Have to say my general impression so far of VW dealers is not that good but BM seems ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
blimey i've been away from here for a while and my ears are ringing given i'm a mod there :mrgreen:



we'll still love ya and hats off to TonyI for what he has done here, people only bash the bad dealers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
I'm reading and I'm listening (as always). This is all good feedback for me.

I usually like to let the post run their course so not to influence thing too much but here's one I will get involved with.

I think there is always going to be duplication with the forums. Sometime we don't have all the answers and that's why I've not stopped people cross-referencing with central. At the end of the day it's the users who benefit.

On the subject of BM. I do think he adds value to the forum. Maybe not so much to the existing owners, (remember he is in sales, not the work shop but he does try). Those who are looking to buy or even tentative I know are in touch on and off the forum and he is always happy to help, sale or no sale which is more than many salesmen I have dealt with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
TonyIroc said:
I think there is always going to be duplication with the forums. Sometime we don't have all the answers and that's why I've not stopped people cross-referencing with central. At the end of the day it's the users who benefit.
likewise Tony we are all rocco owners/fans at the end of the day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Le_Savage said:
sciroccorocket said:
heres one for you all, scirocco net or scirocco central ?

i spend more time and think the banters better and scirocconet, nowt wrong with sciroccocentral tho
Controversial..... I like it :D
you know me i love my fishing, bait your hook, wait for your quarry to bite, then reel them in and enjoy the fight :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
business manager said:
penfold said:
i also like you don't get pounced on by over eager salesmen trying to sell you a scirocco or a golf on there,
Is this a big problem on here? Am I over eager?
your a salesman sorry business manager you can never be too eager, if your still at vw in 3 years time ill buy my next cars from you as my local dealer is poo,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
you know me i love my fishing, bait your hook, wait for your quarry to bite, then reel them in and enjoy the fight :lol:
There is a trouble maker in our midst. (But really its just that i'm upset I fell for a certain april fools joke)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
sciroccorocket said:
my reason for this thread was just to see if others like me enjoy scriocconet more than central,
Being a relative newcomer to both (although I did find net first) I am going to sit on the fence for now, but I will say both boards are very different in their apparent vibe and tone, to me Net is a bit more maverick while central seems to take itself a little more seriously, that just my early impression and will continue to post on both for now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
I really enjoy both sites equally and have learned so much interesting stuff on both since I joined.

Although I've been browsing the Internet for a few years I'd never posted in any forum until this January when I ordered my roc and joined SC (and here soon after).
Having not really explored forums before then I now see that the whole concept is brilliant. Communicating like this what the Internet was invented for.

Of coarse the subject matter is vital too.
I doubt that if I'd stumbled across a forum for Peugeot 306's (when I had one) I'd have given it a second look.

I'm glad too that there's no major rivalries between the two sites.
It's great that I can post in both, and indeed leave links for both without feeling that I'm sneaking over to the other side.

SN and SC, long may they continue!

As well as checking in on SciroccoNet and SciroccoCentral several times a day there is a third site I visit too here...
http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/volks ... -23065.htm
Although it's a French site and I don't speak French it's been pretty good for pictures, especially in the early days when I was still deciding on which colour and spec to go for so was accumulating a little photo album of each. I've stopped dragging the pictures off now unless they're exceptional
but I still flick through their latest pages each day.

business manager said:
penfold said:
i also like you don't get pounced on by over eager salesmen trying to sell you a scirocco or a golf on there,
Is this a big problem on here? Am I over eager?
Don't change BM.
Hearing your rays of wisdom and seeing you hop around from one post to the next in eagerness to do another deal always gives me a giggle.

Having said that, if any members do have bad experience with a salesman or a dealership then forums like these a definitely the place to let it be known.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Do I hear a round of applause for the Mods, or maybe i was just a nod of approval for standing back and letting the 'common peeps' just get on with it. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Le_Savage said:
sciroccorocket said:
my reason for this thread was just to see if others like me enjoy scriocconet more than central,
Being a relative newcomer to both (although I did find net first) I am going to sit on the fence for now, but I will say both boards are very different in their apparent vibe and tone, to me Net is a bit more maverick while central seems to take itself a little more seriously, that just my early impression and will continue to post on both for now.
Actually what I meant here was the members on both seem to fall into 2 mildly different groups with the Central users leaning a bit more to the serious discussions, while net seems to take a more 'relaxed' approach to discussion. Just my current view, but i'm sure we can stir it all up a bit :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top