Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From talking to friends plus looks I get when out driving, it is quite clear the great majority of the general driving population do not recognise the Scirocco. It is no surprise as down here in Surrey I have only seen two others on the road since the launch last September.
There is considerable debate on the board over spec, alloys, engine size/type etc which is all good stuff but the reality is that outside the very few (hundreds rather than thousands?) that actually own the car such debate is pretty meaningless.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I must say I pretty much agree with you there TG...only thing is I reckon its deceptive cos while the car is fairly scarce I bet that now adds up to a good few thousand [given VW's sales forecasts mentioned elsewhere on here]. Wonder if anyone knows approx. how many have been sold in the UK?
Regarding its ability to turn heads I think it is more than just newness, the lines just attract attention...not to say it won't become much more a familiar [and accepted] sight in years to come..

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
With the car being launched in September my thoughts were that not many would be ordered in 2008, and that with (at that time a 12 week lead time) it would probably be end of march before I started seeing a few on the roads. As it was, it was beginning of April before I saw another one, this has increased significantly in the last few weeks to whereby I am seeing one or two new ones a week now.

·
Registered
258 Posts
wander what the impact on Scirocco sales will be now the new GTI has come out. The review in the May What Car was rather favourable to the GTI posing the Scirocco as the cheaper alternative. For me though although the GTI is a bit more "poshed" up so to speak it does not have the raw look and feel of driving a Scirocco on the roads. Still the people who demand more practicality from the VW will opt fo the GTI of course

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
MarkoRocco said:
I had some guy actually stop me whilst I was walking into the er...pub (ahem) and say "excuse me mate but is that the new 3 door Astra?" Peasant!
When I had the local bodyshop paint the plastic sidestrips the guy removing them thought it was an alfa...............and he used to be a VW mechanic...............!!! :shock: :shock: :? :? :lol:

·
Registered
572 Posts
MarkoRocco said:
I had some guy actually stop me whilst I was walking into the er...pub (ahem) and say "excuse me mate but is that the new 3 door Astra?" Peasant!
hello :shock: doesn't the badge give a clue :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.