Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering an R32 before deciding on a Scirocco. In the end the thought of throwing petrol and £400 a year tax at the R32 persuaded me. There are some very cheap R32s about but I think the depreciation will continue.

So what were your other choices?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just as a note R32 has been released 2 dealers at an additional discount over and above the £2500 by volkswagen. This now means I have high spec cars for around £23 - £24k which is seriously cheap. All have leather and all have other bits on. R32 is now cheaper than GTI brand new.

·
Registered
283 Posts
someone i know has put a r32 against a scirocco and said the scirocco aquitted itself well on a blast

we needed a five door as well and dismissed the r32 given co2 and its thirst for unleaded, i know there are cracking deals on the r32 (al be it deceptive as leather remains an extra), we got a cracking discount on the gti-pirelli (acquired taste and hated by ed30 owners but interior is a grower) and found out this week vw have only sold 141 up to october so somewhat rare, irony is there are 130 sciroccos showing on the vw wensite, all be it mine turns more heads, hers upsets focus st drivers :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
R32 is proper cheap at the mo. GTI ed 30 is losing money but Pirelli seems better due to lack of supply. I imagine long term R32 will be the best because we are unlikely to see another 3.2v6 Golf & the mod set will keep the values high on them. MK4 R32 is still making MK5 hold money. New GTI & Scirocco will affect residuals on existing stock.

·
Registered
283 Posts
great feedback businessmanager and pleased with my decision, having been a former a3 owner i have a feeling the mk6 gti will damage a3 sales given the quality of the interior and the sharpness of the mk6 not to mention the chasis set up being so much better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts