Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

Edited - an additional thought. Just noticed on an earlier post from Coops that these used to be 'handed out for free'. Just wondering if this was still to be the case - if so would it be remiss of me to suggest a (small) charge is made for them and the proceeds given to 'Help the Heroes' or the like? Just a thought.

:angel:

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
northernscirocco said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiKOhOzQyZg

Edited - an additional thought. Just noticed on an earlier post from Coops that these used to be 'handed out for free'. Just wondering if this was still to be the case - if so would it be remiss of me to suggest a (small) charge is made for them and the proceeds given to 'Help the Heroes' or the like? Just a thought.

You`ll upset Rob :lol:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I'd pay a couple of quid for a sticker if it went to HFH - good call **** (that feels wrong saying that to ****) :whistle: :p

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Previous stickers were handed out for free because quite frankly they were rubbish (the manufacturer couldn't get the design right) and no one was buying them. Tony ordered a load of them and they ended up gathering dust so he started giving them away.

There is a considerable cost attached to the production of these stickers and this has to be recouped, so unfortunately they won't be free I'm afraid but the cost will be minimal.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
a4gee said:
northernscirocco said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiKOhOzQyZg

You`ll upset Rob :lol:
Have I missed something here? :think:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Derboy said:
Previous stickers were handed out for free because quite frankly they were rubbish (the manufacturer couldn't get the design right) and no one was buying them. Tony ordered a load of them and they ended up gathering dust so he started giving them away.

There is a considerable cost attached to the production of these stickers and this has to be recouped, so unfortunately they won't be free I'm afraid but the cost will be minimal.
Fair do's Derek - wasn't sure so thanks for explaining. :thumbup:

I'd, for one, would be happy to pay that little bit extra if there was someway we could make a donation from each sale - admin costs permitting obviously. Would be happy to help in the distribution of them if so required.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
northernscirocco said:
I'd, for one, would be happy to pay that little bit extra if there was someway we could make a donation from each sale - admin costs permitting obviously. Would be happy to help in the distribution of them if so required.
Although it's an honourable idea, and one I agree within in principle, I'm not going to go down this route. If folks want to donate to charity then that's up to them. In my mind charity support is a very personal, voluntary thing and I don't want to cause offence to certain camps that don't agree with having it forced upon them or others that don't support the chosen cause.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Derboy said:
Although it's an honourable idea, and one I agree within in principle, I'm not going to go down this route. If folks want to donate to charity then that's up to them. In my mind charity support is a very personal, voluntary thing and I don't want to cause offence to certain camps that don't agree with having it forced upon them or others that don't support the chosen cause.
Fair enough :thumbup:

Still happy to help re distribution if required.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I HATE :evil: :evil: :evil: Stickers on my windows, but.....................................

I can't wait to get & stick my scirocconet one on!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
These stickers advertise the website that is essentially a revenue stream for you.

Making your members pay for them basically amounts to you charging them for doing your marketing.

Whether this is honourable is also questionable.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
denmade said:
These stickers advertise the website that is essentially a revenue stream for you.

Making your members pay for them basically amounts to you charging them for doing your marketing.

Whether this is honourable is also questionable.
SciroccoNet is not a business. If people want stickers they can have them but I'm not paying for them out of my own pocket. Which is why these are being done on a made to order basis.

The only reason I have organised these is because I've had lots of repeated enquiries and if you look at other car forums you'll see that most of them charge something for stickers as well.

If you're against the idea don't buy one. :roll:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts