Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Derboy said:
Thommohawk said:
Sounds like the same issue we were both having Der, I'll try mine again later to see if it's reverted back
Yeah I tried it on my wife's nokia and the same thing is happening. Very strange. Leave it with me.
Cheers, yeah tried again last night and still the same story...gets to about 95% then loops in a refresh

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Der, any chance you can just make it revert to the full site for the Nokia?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Any more on this Der?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Tried it the other day and it still kept reverting to mobile version and looping. Can try again later though,

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Derboy said:
Thommohawk said:
Tried it the other day and it still kept reverting to mobile version and looping. Can try again later though,
Strange. It works on my wifes Nokia (full version of the site).
Ok, i've just tried it using the nokia 'WEB' browser, i downloaded opera mobile for my phone as it turns out is a lot quicker at loading site than this. It was use opera one it used to work in but now reverts to mobile site in that and full version on this built in one.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
OK, This issue is now finally sorted. There are now THREE versions on the site!

1.> Standard desktop version
2.> Tablet version (basically the version that people were seeing on their iPhones before but no one else could get to work)
3.> Mobile Phone version - This is a new, extremely lo-fi version of the site. It needs a few very minor, minute tweeks.

Nokia, Blackberry and other mobile platform users should have no further issues. At present the Tablet version works with the iPAD (and other IOS devices as they don't have a problem rendering it) only but I will implement this on other tablets such as Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy, Kindle etc as and when I am asked and have the user agent for such.

Hallelujah! :D

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Nice one, I'll give it a shot later, cheers Der :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Der, nice one loads a lot quicker over a non-wifi connection. Only problem is a lot of buttons appear in the wrong place and sometimes you can't submit a reply to a post

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Thommohawk said:
Der, nice one loads a lot quicker over a non-wifi connection. Only problem is a lot of buttons appear in the wrong place and sometimes you can't submit a reply to a post
I will tweak it a bit when I have more time. Issue is that so many different phones render things differently. I tried it on my wife's 5800 xpress music and it was better on that than on my iPhone.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Great job with it so far Derboy, one thing though - optimised is spelt wrong in the site banner, nothing major just figured I would let you know if you aware already.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Der, any chance you can have a full site option for android and other mobile devices. I tend to find i use my Sony tablet to access the site most we the time there days, and because i only use it on wifi i find it's more than capable of loading full graphics etc quickly and you miss out on quite a bit of the interface using the low-fi version that loads. I'm not sure if it's the same site you see from ipads or not though?

61 - 80 of 92 Posts