Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Alright Der, Something's gone weird with this thread and I can't see your latest post? Keeps showing mine as the last one and linking theough to the 'Candy white common as...' thread?! :problem:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Thommohawk said:
Alright Der, Something's gone weird with this thread and I can't see your latest post? Keeps showing mine as the last one and linking theough to the 'Candy white common as...' thread?! :problem:
Yeah I had that last night also.
After the Server Maintenance message.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Derboy said:
I think I posted my response whilst the site was still in maintenance mode!

I basically said that I would look into it for you.
Cool, cheers :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Anyone else having problems accessing the site with iPad? I think it tries to load the mobile version, but stops after the top banner, or actually waits forever for something. I've had this problem for a while already, iOS6 did not fix anything.

Is there any way to "force" the main site (the normal version) to load with mobile device? Different URL or something as I can't get the site to load.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,316 Posts
Mikko said:
Anyone else having problems accessing the site with iPad? I think it tries to load the mobile version, but stops after the top banner, or actually waits forever for something. I've had this problem for a while already, iOS6 did not fix anything.

Is there any way to "force" the main site (the normal version) to load with mobile device? Different URL or something as I can't get the site to load.
Don't really know the whole functionality of the iPad browser as I don't have one, but I always do this on my Sony Tablet. I have the option to 'Request Desktop Site' on my browser which loads the full version. I only ever use it over wi-fi so there is no benefit to the low-fi version of the site from there, while it is great for mobile phone on the move. There are quite a few browsers now that have this feature built into the page settings for websites that don't have a 'Full Site' link. You also get addins for some browsers, on android anyway, which can pretend it is internet explorer for example.

I did mention myself a while back about getting a 'Full Site' link added, but aside to that happening the above is your best chance.

Also make sure the following link is loading on your browser to let you into the mobile site properly, as i had a problem a ages ago with the load looping as it was trying to load an incorrect page.

http://www.scirocconet.co.uk/forum/#_home
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I generally use tapatalk for both iPad and iPhone and find it works really well. It even gives the option to jump to the normal site via safari if you need to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Yes, I have the correct link, using the one thommohawk provided makes no difference. Endless loading, with only top banner appearing.

I don't like Tapatalk and the problem is that Safari tries to load the mobile site. I cleaned cache and all, but the problem still persists. Am I the only one having this issue?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Now it works fine for me too. Strange. :wtf: .. Didn't work on my iPad 2 yesterday evening, tried with my wife's iPad 3 and it worked just fine, and after that my iPad started to load the site properly again. So everything works again, but I don't have a slightest clue on why. :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
Mikko said:
Now it works fine for me too. Strange. :wtf: .. Didn't work on my iPad 2 yesterday evening, tried with my wife's iPad 3 and it worked just fine, and after that my iPad started to load the site properly again. So everything works again, but I don't have a slightest clue on why. :thumbup:
Don't try to analyse why this "elastic trickery magic stuff" works, just be happy that it's sorted itself out!! :lol: My brother is a wizz with all that, and when he tries to explain how it works I just hear a combination of Danish, Dutch and Swahili!! :p
 
81 - 92 of 92 Posts
Top