Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Good stuff :thumbup:

Gets rid of the ACC though? Also surprised that the rear isn't coil over...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Low rider ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just unplug the adaptive suspension button save the bloody thing flashing
ull also need to do something with the plug that connects to the struts on the front and rear mate as it will get fek'd unless you cover it up well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
looks spot on mate, nice and low :thumbup:

big fan of the shadow chrome - would like to get my interlagos done

·
Registered
25 Posts
Scotty - by disconnecting your shock sensors, your ACC goes into default mode and your steering stays in normal mode? The steering must be pretty light? I heard that KW has a shock sensor adapter that you can put the plug that used to be connected to the old shocks into, and can trick the ACC system from going into default mode. Are you going to try this? I'm interested in changing my shocks but really like the weight of the steering in sport mode and don't want to lose it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Brunty said:

It is a coilover, there is an adjuster platform at the top of the spring to help raise or lower it. The rear suspension isn't set up in the same way as the front with one spring/damper unit.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
DK_Andy said:
Brunty said:

It is a coilover, there is an adjuster platform at the top of the spring to help raise or lower it. The rear suspension isn't set up in the same way as the front with one spring/damper unit.
I see. Although that isn't called a coil over ;) (Coil over damper)

·
Registered
412 Posts
looks really good scotty, what are you gonna do when you find yourself approaching a road hump!?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Love it.

Re: the speed bump, does it scrape much? I'm suprised at how much clearance there is under the scirocco, i barely catch mine on anything.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Same here, two wheels at a time at crawling pace, or wait so I can go down the middle of the road when there's a gap in the traffic, that's the one that seems to enrage people the most haha

I do worry that some thoughtless driver is just going to plough into the back of me one day though

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
scottyroc said:
full respray on the cards for spring.
Finally going Rising Blue! :thumbup: :clap: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Rocco71 said:
scottyroc said:
full respray on the cards for spring.