Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Roc from the dealers yesterday. Great car, couldn't be more pleased. Unfortunately i was driving into my village today and just poking out onto the road from the grass verge (no kerbs) was the metal framework of a triangular roadsign. My front left tyre went over the leg of the metal framework and flipped up hitting my passenger door. There are about six scratches and scuffs, two of the scratches are deep. I called Chips Away who are coming tomorrow to give me a quote. I dont want to take it to volkswagen garage because it will be 4 to £500.Has anyone got any advice or experiences of Chips Away to share. The guy i spoke to was reassuring and confident it will be like new. He said it sounds like it will cost around £180. Thanks in advance. P.S. colour is Rising Blue.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Yeh I used them a while back. Was stunned with the results, doesnt sound as bad as yours (which is a nightmare the day after you picked it up! :( ) but after the guy had finished I couldnt see the damage, was well chuffed and only £120, result!! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got my car back from ChipsAway yesterday (you have to leave it with them in a bodyshop at my local one) Looked great on first inspection. But after wiping away some excess polish they left on, two really fine and shallow scratches appeared. I dont even think these were the same scratches. These might polish out but dont want to touch it incase it happens again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Only thing to bear in mind with chips away is that they are only as good as the francishee. Try and get a specific recommendation for an individual. A friend had an absolute nightmare experience with them, but it was down to the franchisee and his (lack of) skill..............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.