484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was drivin 2 cork 2day and a lovely black rocco passed me looked well

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
we plated one thursday at work and was delivered 2 its owner in cork

well if ya were on the dual carriageway at quarter to 3 that was u didnt c the reg because of that fuckin wire railing in the middle of the road im livin in kilamllock if ya know the place im hopin 2 have mine in 4 weeks

·
Registered
115 Posts
That was me alright.
I know kilmallock well, pass through it all the time when mountain biking in Ballyhoura.
Next investment is a roof rack and cycle carrier for the Rocco.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ya the famous mountain biking place that i pass everyday that i go 2 work and i still have not seen the place ha and only found out it was there recently suppose 2 b great fun i hear my cousin uses it a bit sur drop me a message if ur comin my way again soon and we should meet up but defo have 2 meet up when i get my rocco have a scirocconet irish meet ha

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh i went white and she is the 160 brake with the sports pack

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep and will b at work in 4 weeks hopefully

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any of you Irish guys go crazy on the options list - like make it UK spec with the ACC and RCD510 etc? I'm tempted, but it's damn expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, too dear for me to get too many extras.

I'm going for xenons, lights&vision, alarm, tyre monitors and 18s on a 1.4DSG, at the moment. Upgrading to 2.0 or ACC is still up in the air. I'll only go for the sports pack if the Cashmere seats turn out to very nice.

It'll be a long time before I get mine though. I hope to have it for the summer - ScirroccoNet Irish meet up at the Limerick VW show on the June bank holiday, maybe? :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would you consider buying up North? I'm thinking about it. Could get the 1.4 with all the nice options - leather, ACC, RCD510 with Dynaudio, Parking sensors etc for about €30k after paying all the taxes and so on. The same spec down here would come to about €36k. My biggest issue with doing it would be having to sell my car privately, rather than trading in - which could be a bit of a nightmare.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thinking about it JP, esp since we're back up to 93p. The only question marks I have is the warranty, MPH clocks and resale value

Maxwell's told me they're bringing in new cars from a VW dealer in England. At least you'd have someone to moan at here if it goes wrong :lol: They'd take my car as a trade-in I think, but it's only worth about €4k. Might be a different story if your trade in is worth more, they might fleece you on it knowing you're saving with the new car :?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Who are Maxwell's, and what do they do? Not too worried about the value of my car, just the hassle of getting rid of it - it's only worth about €2k or so.

I've contacted a dealer in Lisburn and they said that the only way they could order a KPH clock is to order a left hand drive! So looks like it would have to be a MPH clock. Apparently the warranty is valid all over EU, but I guess you might not get the customer service in a garage in the South having imported your car from NI. Resale value, you'd probably take a bit of a hit, even though the spec would be much higher than nearly any other used Sciroccos available in Ireland. I plan to keep mine for maybe 5 years though. A small hit on resale wouldn't bother me too much if I had the spec I wanted and saved a few k in the first place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maxwells are the big former BMW dealers in Blackrock

On the warranty, you'd probably be okay for the first 2 years getting work done in the south. On vagdrivers.net there was a guy who imported a UK 2.5 year old mk5 gti. He needed big engine work done under warranty. He was told where to go in the south because he was over the 2 years. So he registered the warranty (but not the car) to an address up north and got the work done in Belfast. So if you can travel and have an address you can use up north you can have a 3 year warranty I think

·
Registered
26 Posts
The warranty you get if you buy in Ireland is just 2 years I think anyway - is that right? If so then at least you're not geting anything less, warranty wise, if you buy in NI.

As for Maxwells - I do know the place alright (my dad bought a couple of 5 series there). I didn't know they weren't a BMW dealer anymore though. I assumed they still were - that's why I figured you were talking about somewhere else. So what are they now exactly?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi lads,
The first irish dealer (dublin) thought the Irish spec was the same as the UK spec, but only discovered the error when it came time to order the car. :(
I had a couple of extras like ACC,leather,reflex silver ect, ordered on on my first Scirocco.
Dealer gave me a delivery date of sometime in April :x I didn't want to wait that long! So I ended up taking a car, diffrent colour with little extras but I insisted on getting 18 inch wheels fitted before delivery.
To be honest I'm very happy and I'm told that alot of stuff can be retro fitted, except for ACC.
I'm also told that extras might not be worth more when it comes to sell.
I did mention while trying to do a deal with one dealer that I was thinking of heading up the north to buy, but I was told in not so many words that when it came time to sell I would have problems!
:shock:

·
Registered
26 Posts
That might be true about resale to some extent, but surely Irish dealers are going to play that up to put you off going up North?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if i reliesed how much ya would save buyin a rocco in england i would have gone there for one because its mad money for a irish car with some spec thats y im only goin 160 brake

prob buyin a speced up irish rocco is that it will not make much difference when comin 2 sell it u will get one price and thats it

warrenty is not a prob becasue ur dealin with vw at the end of the day and does not make much difference what dealer ya go to

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I would have thought the warranty length was the same throughout Europe? Also let say I was drove to Ireland and my car had a major warranty issue which meant I could not drive it home, I would like to think VW would repair it there, or anywhere in Europe for that matter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Speaking of the original topic of the thread - I just saw my first Scirocco on the road in Ireland last night. I say on the road, it was in the Dundrum Centre carpark. Black, 2.0TSI with pano roof and black leather. Very nice indeed. Hopefully there won't be a flood of them now though. Seeing one once in a while is cool.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts