Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone knows of a ship leaving germany with rocs on. phoned my garage because it was due 11th but they say it will be end of next week now but i thought they came from portugal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
30060744 said:
just wondering if anyone knows of a ship leaving germany with rocs on. phoned my garage because it was due 11th but they say it will be end of next week now but i thought they came from portugal?
The car is made in Portugal but shipped from Germany.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Chalkie said:
My car was built on the 23rd April and is still waiting shipment :(
I should have more information tomorrow when the fleet dpt get back to me - mine was waiting for shipping on the 29th April. They are estimating dealer delivery on the 22nd May right now so im hoping to find out when its delivered to me soon.

Cheers, Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
30060744 said:
this one was ordered 16th feb
that's not good, mine was ordered on the 26th of feb and was ready for me to collect a week ago :? strange how they sort the shipments out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it should be clearer when you buy your car because i think its a big put off the wait for the car. i know it will be worth it but it it is nearly 59 plate by the time we get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
30060744 said:
it should be clearer when you buy your car because i think its a big put off the wait for the car. i know it will be worth it but it it is nearly 59 plate by the time we get it.
yea i agree, i was expecting a couple of week wait maximum, when they said it would be 3 months was extremely surprised to say the least!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
30060744 said:
cheers tim that would be great thanks mine is to be delivered north east.
Ok, so ive chased and chased and chased... however no one is able to quite confirm when it will be delivered (or even arrive). The best estimate (which i think they guessed at) is the 22nd May - realistically it will probably be the following week after that. Nightmare.

Cheers, Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
I would have thought with the current downturn in (VW) new car sales, there will be fewer shipments which directionally has to mean longer delivery times. Also, I remember reading on SciroccoNet that the factory in Portugal was stopping production for a period in 2009 due to lower sales of Eos/Scirocco.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hi folks, ordered mine 21st Feb, was told 9-12 weeks I'd have the car, it's 12weeks in now and was told yesterday that they will be starting building it next week, can't say I'm impressed at all!! :evil: I'm sure many people are in the same position as me, can't beleive it takes so long.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Blackpool_Rocc said:
Hi folks, ordered mine 21st Feb, was told 9-12 weeks I'd have the car, it's 12weeks in now and was told yesterday that they will be starting building it next week, can't say I'm impressed at all!! :evil: I'm sure many people are in the same position as me, can't beleive it takes so long.....
Im coming up to my 5 month waiting anniversary soon... prepare yourself for a wait my good man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
We have to take it into account that mostly the members who are waiting longer are reporting it more.

I ordered my roc on 12.3.9 and got a call from the dealer on Friday to say the car was due to them in one week. We have set delivery to weds 27.5, so basically arrived bang on time from original estimate.

There is a lot of factors that can affect how long it takes. I think one factor which i have noticed is how much allocation the dealer has. For example if the dealer has old their allocation for Sciroccos let say on the 3rd of the month and you walk into the dealership and order you r roc on the 4th, then things don't get started till the following month. Therefore, yuo are witing extra weeks for nothing really. The dealers are never really florthcoming about this information, as you can imagine a customer could then cancel their order and place it with a dealer ship who has not used up their allocation for the month.

Anyway I hope all your rocs come in as early as possible. Good luck!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top