Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to pick up my car last week! It’s all paid for and the insurance has started but just waiting for paperwork. Bank holiday weekend so won’t get it until at lease Tuesday. Frustrating :evil:

·
Registered
47 Posts
is it a new idea :?: to pay for your car before you collect.i have all ways payed on the day :?: i have a viper on order the financle director made a point of stressing i return to the showroom a couple of weeks before i take delivery. ??
is this to pay for the car.??????????????.in my book dosh on the day you collect the car. what if the dealer goes tits up,it can happen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have some issues to sort with the dealer. wanted 2k deposit. i said.what if you go bust.i then payed via c\card the 2k.
that way you have a sort of cover if things go bad.looking at my sales invoice today they grabbed back the percentage payment to the c\card\company from my discount [£500] ,they did not ask my just stole the money ??? is this the way of the world now ????.
i have in my life purchase in access .let me think 15 new cars. all ways handed over the dosh on the day .

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think it is because a number of dealers have got stung with rubber cheques :!: My cousin works in the trade and it is his companies policy that all cheques must be cleared before the car can be released. Alternatively you can pay by debit card etc but I think there is a limit to what you can transfer and the dealer will probably have to phone your bank to explain the transaction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the car from NAAFI so there is no chance of it going T*TS up.
I must say the deals attitude changed as soon as the car was paid for, I am going to complain but it just takes the excitement of a new car I have been looking forward
To picking up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I should have had my rocco GT 2.0 TSI (salsa red) by the end of the wk, but cos I've got a cherished number plate, that takes a few days apparently, & the DVLA was closed on monday cos of the holiday! Oh well next wk I guess is fine...will be worth the wait!:) lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.