Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst i think they look quite nice when you get in and out i think they are a bit useless as i have found my heels have scuffed the leading edge of the paintwork :( so surely the protectors should cover that strip too to really protect ? Anyone else think so too ? Maybe there is a better aftermarket accessory ? Or perhaps I should swap my cuban heels for trainers with soft undamaging soles!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your right waggers I was going to get the premium door sill protetors, but with two boys getting in & out of the car they would be next to useless for protection against marks.
So I decided to buy the cheaper black ones as they do protect most of the sill.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Oh, that's interesting.
I wonder if you could post a photo of the cheaper sill protectors - this would be useful to those of us who are still waiting for their Rocs and wondering which protector to get.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
huds said:
Heres some pictures of them fitted on mine.
Huds, I have to ask, are you really 3feet 6" tall???

As for the SP's, I have the premiums, great for looking at, pants for protecting the sills. I am happy with mine as they nicely covered the scrapes from the cars previous life as a demonstrator.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thanks for the pics / links imitebeurda and huds.
Hmmm ... I can't really decide having seen them both. The rubber ones certainly provide good protection but don't look too pretty. While the premium ones look cool, but don't afford much protection.
I think I'll wait a while and see how much scuffing my sills get and then make a decision. Easy to fit I understand - just stick them on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.