Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the add on products my dealer has offered me is SMART repair insurance.

This is about £360 for 3 years and the leaflet claims it covers "damage caused by everyday motoring"

The salesman said any minor damage up to an area the size of a CD would be covered, scratches, stone chips, small dents etc. As long as a body shop is not required. Alloy wheels and glass are also excluded.

Limit is £3000 and there is no excess. The policy is administered by Auto Protect and the Approved supplier printed on the back of the leaflet is ChipsAway

Has anyone had any experience of insurance of this type? I can't find any reviews on the internet. I know chips away are good, but I'm slightly concered that AutoProtect will look for any excuse not to pay out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
this is new to me as well. I did give my Audi A6 back after 2 years on contract hire and it did have some repair done by chips away. The guy who came to inspect thecar could tell the difference in paint work and knew a repqir had been done but could not tell other repairs i had done to paint work by a small independant.

I think Chipsaway are ok but not as great as they are made out to be, mind you if this policy recommends them they must be aware of getting the right match for paint work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.