Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
TBH I might think of changing a few bits on mine such as the "R" bumpers etc but I think a well tuned 2.0tsi is not going to be significantly different to the R.

Its putting out 265PS compared to the 200PS of the 2.0tsi. A good remap, exhaust and intake and you must be getting close! I think it would be quite cool to see an R putting the boot down to pass me, and leaving him a little red faced!! :oops: :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
imitebeurda said:
TBH I might think of changing a few bits on mine such as the "R" bumpers etc but I think a well tuned 2.0tsi is not going to be significantly different to the R.

Its putting out 265PS compared to the 200PS of the 2.0tsi. A good remap, exhaust and intake and you must be getting close! I think it would be quite cool to see an R putting the boot down to pass me, and leaving him a little red faced!! :oops: :D
That was my initial reaction, but then when you read about the other mods that they had to do, it tells me that they were needed in order to make it reliable long term. Uprated pistons... reenforced block... larger brakes etc etc - these are not small upgrades.

No doubt, you could mod the standard roc to the same power levels, but it would never be as well managed as it would be in the complete R package (unless you like for liked the mods in which case you might as well bought the R proper...)

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not wanting to put anyone's nose out of joint but when the R32 Golf was released the general reviews where that it wasn't worth the extra money for the difference in performance of it and the Gti.
It might possibly be the same with the Rocco considering it's the same sort of difference in power ratios and the 2.0Tsi Scirocco has the same engine as the Gti Golf.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
MRKJM said:
Not wanting to put anyone's nose out of joint but when the R32 Golf was released the general reviews where that it wasn't worth the extra money for the difference in performance of it and the Gti.
It might possibly be the same with the Rocco considering it's the same sort of difference in power ratios and the 2.0Tsi Scirocco has the same engine as the Gti Golf.
good point and if it 5k + more expensive is it worth it, as imb says a good remap will take the 2.0tsi to 260+ bhp for around 350 to 400 quid,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Chaps...this thread is a bit funny...you know you would all love one really! Fact is I think it will be a stormer...and the true bearer of the badge...But, lets wait a year or two until its an older model and the "R" comes specc'ed up to the nines...
There is one drawback though, i reckon it will be more likely to go walkies thats for sure...

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
zum wohl said:
Chaps...this thread is a bit funny...you know you would all love one really!
Zum, you are 100% right. If I was ordering now, and had the dough too right I would order an R, however, I still think it would be really cool.................

imitebeurda said:
I think it would be quite cool to see an R putting the boot down to pass me, and leaving him a little red faced!! :oops: :D
My mate has a 70's mini clubman (remember those) with a 1.6i vauxhall engine in it. It is so cool flying past "boy racers" in their ford fiesta ST's and such like and leaving them red faced. In the same vein the extra £5K you have saved on your 2.0tsi Gt over the R could easily give you a reliable every day 300+bhp from a 2.0tsi. More than enough to embaress Tony come September :lol: :lol: ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Before the last price increase you could get a new 2.0 TSI for under £20k after discount - superb value. However not so sure I would want to invest £27k in a Scirocco however quick. These days I pay for my car with my own money (retired) and a high performance £27k VW sounds like a car that will depreciate heavily over the first few years.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I suppose I meant if money wasn't an object...and just imagine if you did yr upgrading work Da starting with an "R" as the base?!? Great thread this though...got us all dreaming. I reckon BM should ensure Tony gets the first UK car... :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Some people like a car with a lot of extras and there is nothing wrong with that. However come re-sale time whilst dealers like such cars they are typically not worth much extra money in terms of p/e value.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.