Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, after seeing ED's post about his car detailing regime I went into halfrauds today and bought the Meguairs "Claying Kit" and a wash mitt. I have never clayed a car before so need a bit of advice.

There are quite a few shows coming up in the next 3-4 weeks so I just wanted to get what I need to do straight in my head.

Given the products I have am I right in saying I do the following:-

- Wash the car with Autoglym car shampoo.
- Rinse with power hose.
- Dry with Mitt.
- Using clay bar and applicator liquid, and working a panel at a time "clay the car".
- Repeat steps 1-3.
- Polish car with Autoglym Ultimate Finish car polish.
- Apply layer of Autoglym "gloss protection" (I think this is a glaze and should be applied here?)
- Remove gloss protection with an anti static cloth.
- Apply coat of Autoglym HD wax and remove with cloth provided.

Have I got that right?? :problem:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
waggers said:
With the high gloss your car has already i am not sure it will need claying? unless others disagree
I think it might benefit from it, the road in our development isnt finished so there is a lot of dust and grit flying around. My understanding is that although a car can have a good shine there may still be a lot of contaminants in the paintwork that only claying will remove. Let me know if Im wrong!! Save me a job :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
waggers said:
Wonder if i should have a go at claying mine, so will be keen to hear how you get on and how long the whole thing takes!
Check out this thread...........

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=789&p=5828&hilit=claying#p5828

I posted up a detailed explanation of the benefits that I found. As I said Ive never done it, so stand to be corrected. But I believe you could have a really shiny clean looking car and after claying the amount of crap that comes "out" of the paint is unreal! :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.