Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When people upgrade their alloys (eg 17 inch Donningtons to 18 inch Interlagos) do they need to do anything about the space saver wheel or is it one size fits all?

·
Registered
150 Posts
imitebeurda said:
....Space saver? I have a 5th Interlagos in the boot, is that unusual?? :? :?
It is if your boot floor panel is in the right place Da! hmmm...reckon you had the spare lowered too.... :D

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
zum wohl said:
imitebeurda said:
....Space saver? I have a 5th Interlagos in the boot, is that unusual?? :? :?
It is if your boot floor panel is in the right place Da! hmmm...reckon you had the spare lowered too.... :D
Meant to speak to VW about it actually, the spare wheel doesnt seem to fit in the boot very well, the boot floor doesnt sit down flat. Must be because it should have been a spacesaver, that never crossed my mind lol! :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
150 Posts
thought you meant you had swapped the space saver for an interlagos...i see, very strange :?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
What I hate more than a space saver is those "inflation kits" my wife had one on her Leon. A little tyre pump operated by the cigarette lighter (that you could only use for 5 minutes at a time in case it went on fire :shock: :? ) and a canister of liquid that you filled the tyre with to seal the hole. If your tyre is shredded or a blow out its no damn use and tyre garages hate them cos they leave the inside of the wheel in a real mess. Why cant they design the car with room for a space saver???!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.