Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
FINAL MCLAREN F1 GTR UP FOR SALE

To those of you wanting to own your own McLaren F1 GTR Long Tail, now is your chance. Only 28 of the 100 McLaren F1 cars were built for racing in either the FIA GT series or the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Of those 28, only ten were stretched into the 1997-spec "Long Tail" model seen here.

One of those ten has hit the market in Japan. Formerly owned by Gulf Team Davidoff, the F1 GTR with chassis number 28R was raced in the 1997 FIA GT Championship series. The car's best races included sixth place finishes in both Suzuka and Laguna Seca, with three other top ten finishes during that season. It served as a mid-season replacement for car #25R, which caught fire during the '97 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Despite an elongated nose, larger tale, and bigger rear wing, the car shaved 75kg off the 1996 model weight, to bring the total to 915kg. Powered by a 900 horsepower V12 from BMW Motorsports, the car is still wearing its full Gulf Livery. It is believed to be on sale now at the Bingo Sports dealership of Tokyo and Nagoya, Japan.

f1.jpg

mclaren.jpg

f1gtr.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am very interested in this car but I do need some questions answered before I purchase it:-

1) Will the nearside mirror tilt when I select reverse.

2) How do I switch off the DRL's

3) Do the windscreen wipers smear when it rains.

4) Can I retrofit Xenon lights.

5) If I install Bluefin on the thing will it affect my insurance premium.

and last, but most important,

5) Will I get an Ipod cable.

Dave ;)

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Blueroc said:
I am very interested in this car but I do need some questions answered before I purchase it:-

1) Will the nearside mirror tilt when I select reverse. no

2) How do I switch of the DRL's you cant

3) Do the windscreen wipers smear when it rains. possibly

4) Can I retrofit Xenon lights. maybe

5) If I install Bluefin on the thing will it affect my insurance premium. dont tell them

and last, but most important,

5) Will I get an Ipod cable. no sorry try ebay

Dave ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not in to the orange wheels and can anyone give me an estimate on the mpg (or l/100 km)?
how about the road tax, do I have to list is as new (never on the road) or was it already registered? If so, what personal plate?
Is it ecologalical enough for me? (CO2 emmisions)?
Can I install a smokers pack? and is it possible to retrofit SAT NAV?
Does it have Cruise control?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Whats all the fuss about, my butler has one of these and he is still boring as f*** :lol:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
That veyron is nice. If I was a 73 year old allotment owner with £24.9million in the bank that would be my first purchase, well second after a live-in 21 year-old female swedish masseuse to keep me in shape to drive it! :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.