Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner

Spec Wars

6K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  imitebeurda 
#1 ·
OK guys and gals, seeing recent thread on some new speccy cars arriving gave me an idea. Who can take the crown for the most specc'd up Rocco?? I guess we need two categories, factory (Nav, Leather, roof etc) and custom (re-map's zorst, wheels etc) while (trying) to avoid the engine derivative... if that's at all possible :D

Maybe someone with some time on their hands (don't you all look at me as I'm about to be busy with work) could even come up with points per option and we could play a game of Rocco Top Trumps, but maybe i'm just getting over excited again???

For starters I have:
DSG
Leather
Roof
Winter Pack
Premium Sills
Standard Mats

#2 ·
Maybe someone with some time on their hands (don't you all look at me as I'm about to be busy with work) could even come up with points per option and we could play a game of Rocco Top Trumps, but maybe i'm just getting over excited again??? [/quote]

:lol: ha ha! How long did it take you to come up with this game?? Genius!

#5 ·
BM... as you have access to the full spec list (and being an industry professional) perhaps you could attribute a score to each option, from say between 1-100 then everyone (who wants to play) can work out their own score and play the game.

What do you say??

#6 ·
ok here we go

dealer fit VW alloys/factory 19" laguna's 15 points (until 31st july then 7 points for 19")
xenons factory fit 10 points (until 31st July then 7 points)
Navigation factory fit 10 points
Dynaudio factory 3 points
Bodykit official VW 10 points
Leather truffle 12 points
leather other colours 9 points
panoramic roof 7 points
factory parking sensors 3 points
DSG gearbox 5 points
Telephone prep factory 2 points
electric seats 2 points
cruise 1 point
winter pack 1 point with leather, 3 points with cloth
Viper Green 3 points
spoiler official VW +1 point (must be colour coded)
premium mats not factory +1 point
mudflaps -1 point
alloy sills +1 point
coat hanger (back of drivers seat) +2 points (rare)
bought from Northfield Volkswagen 100 points

#7 ·
A great stab at it BM, but highly "colourist" in judgement...while I except points for viper....... red is point pants compared to rising in IMHO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not to mention truffle favouritism....plus a complete lack of merit for all those extortionate alloy bits [cills etc]
Did sav leave you the key to the stocks??

#8 ·
got my reasons virtually all rocs are either white or rising, truffle is very rare but leather as a whole isn't, but can't be specced with viper or red (I think). Alloy bits are only big points until end of July when they will become common so you have to spend big bucks to get in early. Should make a points match interesting.

#11 ·
Signature says it all - however recently I got the wing mirrors done in a glossy black finish - car looks super.

#12 ·
All Model Extras:
DVD Satnav - 10 points
Dynaudio - 3 points
Leather (Black) - 9 points
Factory parking sensors - 3 points
Telephone prep - 2 points
Cruise Control 1 point
Winter pack with leather - 1 point
Spoiler (Official VW) - 1 point
Premium mats - 1 point
Scirocco alloy sills - 1 point
Alloy pedals - 1 point
Scirocco bootliner - 1 point

Basic to GT Extras:
18" Interlagos alloys - 3 points
2zone Climate control - 3 points
Front fog lights - 2 points
Rear tinted B-pillars - 1 points

TOTAL - 43 points

#14 ·
Using the BM scoring system give me 23 points...

Not great but I reckon a good middle ground score.

BM, suggest you be the official owner of the scoring values and any suggestions/revisions are down to you to judge and include if you agree.. BM's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

Looking at what is achievable I reckon a score of 40+ will be a daddy, but there could be some 50+ around but I reckon as rare as rocking horse do do... and if anyone makes it to 60 they'll should be crowned the spec god with immediately and give me their car...as gods don't need cars :p

#16 ·
mine is quite high spec with a few mods. see sig. No idea what my score would be though...

#19 ·
for extra points

scirocconet window sticker +1 point
any other window sticker apart from the dealers -1 point for each sticker
alloy pedals (VW) +1 point
bootliner (must be rigid and VW) +1 point
r32 interior mod +5 points
a pillars painted to body colour +1 point
folding mirrors +1 point and a bonus point if your car has a kerb view mirror tilt
170ps diesel engine (official only no mods) 15 points until 1st Sept then no points
VW DAB radio +5 points

no points are available for non gt cars moved up to gt spec, so to only make it fair

1.4tsi engine -1 point

#21 ·
Okay, I have not posted here so far as I am a bit embarressed TBH, my car was an ex-demo so its not my fault:-

Winter Pack 1 point
Alloy Sills 1 point
Mudflaps - 1 point.

So thats................1 point............ :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

But given BM's latest post, I can now add:-

scirocconet window sticker 1 point
alloy pedal 1 point (well 1 - the footrest, and it aint fitted yet, but Im desperate so Im claiming the point!!!)

So now Im up to 3 points!! woo hoo!! Do I get the wooden spoon?? :D

#25 ·
how many points do i get

xenons 10, folding mirrors 1, dynamic audio 2, floor mats 1,autoglym???

and the other mods..........
dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift and audi s3 brakes (fitting them tomorrow) and remap (next wednesday)

#26 ·
ryancooke said:
how many points do i get

xenons 10, folding mirrors 1, dynamic audio 2, floor mats 1,autoglym???

and the other mods..........
dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift and audi s3 brakes (fitting them tomorrow) and remap (next wednesday)
That lot should guarantee you a Champions League place next season :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.