Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my scirocco 2.0 Tsi GT Manual for 2 days and 3 hours now, it drives like a dream, but one thing i've noticed is the car pulls to the right when racing off in 1st and 2nd gear!!!

HAs anyone else noticed this, id imagine with the power of the engine, this could be quite normal!!! Or could this be a fault??

Thanks, any help would be welcome

CroydonVW

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, i've checked the tyre pressure. I'll pop it down to the dealers, thought id ask around because i reckon the dealers will say its steering torque if they can't find a fault.

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried it on several roads, cambering both ways, and it always goes to the right after about 3000rpm in 1st. DOesn't take anything away from the drive though, the car is awesome :D

Looks like a trip to the local VW garage tomorrow :?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still not had chance to take it in, i honestly think it is the design, but with some owners saying theres doesn't do it, im gonna get it checked out anyway.i'll let you know how i get on s8n !!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
i was borrowing a 160hp passat cc (petrol) at the weekend and i noticed it did torque steer quite a bit...
i imagine that this is the same with the 'rocco

there are some thins you can do to reduce torque steer:
1. a quafie differential
2. strut brace/torsion bar
3. equal tire pressure on all wheels

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips, sounds like it is steering torgue, but i've got her booked in with the local VW tomorrow, see wot they say, might ask if i can go out in their demo to compare.....let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I "sometimes" get a bit of torque steer. More often than not though it is when I am pulling out to overtake and I dont have the wheels "in line" I do feel it pulling a bit to the right. However, if I am accelerating in a straight line I dont have a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.