Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had front (and rear) strut braces fitted to a number of cars (with varying degrees of success) but generally I have noticed an improvement in handling. Im quite surprised I havent seen one yet for the roc. Anyone know where you can get one?? :think:

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
The only problem that comes to mind... Is, adding aftermarket mods that help handling like lowering springs, roll bars and braces, conflict with your cars traction. Remember when the car leaves the factory, its ECU and Traction/Stability is in a state of equilibrium. You change one the other loses its self a little bit, I had the same problem with my SLK but its nothing drastic. Just means you have to tinker the traction and its not that dear and its rather easy :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Flux said:
The only problem that comes to mind... Is, adding aftermarket mods that help handling like lowering springs, roll bars and braces, conflict with your cars traction. Remember when the car leaves the factory, its ECU and Traction/Stability is in a state of equilibrium. You change one the other loses its self a little bit, I had the same problem with my SLK but its nothing drastic. Just means you have to tinker the traction and its not that dear and its rather easy :thumbup:
great point flux :thumbup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Flux said:
Disagree. Doing one does not mean that everything else immediatly becomes worse. Quite often you improve all other areas with simple changes.

Anyway, Fitting Front Strut braces to the Scirocco chassis will require cutting of the scuttle panel to allow the brace to come out into the engine bay, as the turrets are under the scuttle. look at MK5's for examples. A Rear strut brace adds litte to the car due to the nature of the rear suspension design, as its all housed on a subframe, and the springs direct the load at the subframe/floor pan and not the top of the turrets(in spring over damper setups), the bracing effect between the turrets doesnt actually help much.

Uprated ARB's are a superb addition to any car, I've fitted uprated ARB's to a number of cars and generally they are the best value for money mod to improve handling. You'll find they R will likely have an uprated ARB fromt he parts bin. I've nto looked at what some fo the Audi's run, but there will be OEM bars that are thicker for sure. Or aftermarket ones which are stiffer again.

There are a number fo OEM upgardes that i am looking at from various Vw and Audi parts bins that havn't made into onto the Scirocco that will improve it.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andy said:
Fitting Front Strut braces to the Scirocco chassis will require cutting of the scuttle panel to allow the brace to come out into the engine bay, as the turrets are under the scuttle.
Thats that idea stuffed then, I aint cutting my scuttle panel!! :thumbdown: Be interested to hear what you have planned Andy. Im one of those guys who must have the next "mod" on the go. When I run out of ideas I usually sell the car, and I aint selling the roc!!! So I need some ideas quick!! :p :lol: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.