Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BusinessManager - sorry to put this one on you!

I have been looking at threads related to the issue of build delays on anything ordered with the sun roof, unfortunately they all tell a different story. As a dealer are you in a position to state the official VW line on this i.e. has the problem been resolved or not and if it has what is the current status and/or impact on delivery schedules?

It is now 13 weeks since I ordered my CandyRoc (with sunroof) but still unable to get a build date.

Cheers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
jesus no sign of it yet 3 months later

·
Registered
9 Posts
As mentioned in another post on here, i ordered mine on the 17th jan sumatra with a pano roof and recieved my build week last week of week 12! i was shown the email when i went in saying there was a delay on pano sunroofs and vw uk were working with the factory in portugal to resolve the matter. i also unofficially heard that vw had not anticipated the volume of sales with pano roofs and that was the reason for delay!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered my VW Scirocco in Candy White with Pan Sunroof, leather, etc. in mid-Oct 08 and dealer is still unable to confirm delivery date!!!
Perhaps its the folding door mirror options that's causing the delay!!! ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Yob - it's no consolation but 're-assuring' to see someone else in the same situation. My dealer was dangling a carrot 'VW offers the use of a loan vehicle for customers having to wait more than 20 weeks for their new car' not much and I don't think it would be a Scirocco! Anyway let's see what the BusinessManager comes up with on his return from leave.

By the way, welcome !

Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Olek,

i ordered mine in November Candy White with sunrtoof and truffle leather. Got a call to say its been built today. See what Business Manager says but I think the issue is beginning to ease.... Drove me mad waiting for a build date and you have my sympathy mate,

tommo

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm going to leave it until first week in March. If I still get no definitive answer from the dealer then unfortunately the toys will be thrown from the pram!!
BTW, i'm also planning to get exterior and alloy wheel protection applied by the dealer - is this worth the money (£249?).
BTW 2 - I purchased my Scirocco through Autoebid and obtained 10% off list price - I ended up getting a cracking deal (apart from delivery date!) from VW dealer in Wirral (Dane Volkswagen)
Also, anyone recommend good finance deals?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Common thread here Yob, I used AutoEbid as a stick and managed to get 8-9% discount from the local VW dealer, maybe they don't like it up them hence the excessive delivery delays! Anyway, I decided on the Autoglym treatment as friend of mine had that done to his Audi and it looks good value. I was actually offered two options as part of the 'negotiations', one was the full Autoglym treatment being applied at a cost of £100 but neither the bag of goodies use NOR the 10 year guarantee came with it. With the reduction in VAT I decided to get the bag and the guarantee at the full price, personally I have had only good experiences with the Autoglym goods but there are other threads on this site that disagree.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone had any joy either with actual delivery or promised delivery date for Scirocco in Candy White with sunroof?
Still no confirmation from my dealer since I ordered 18th Oct!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Having defined my 'exit-strategy' I called my dealer Thursday last week and as he was still unable to confirm delivery let alone a build date on Friday morning I cancelled my order for a Candy White Roc with sunroof (and other optional extras). Courtesy of BusinessManager I am now picking up a Candy White Roc with sunroof (plus a host of optional extras incl Xenons) from Cirencester hopefully this weekend but latest next - and he did me a very good deal to boot!

Cheers BM

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cannot boast as I did not intend to get all this but if you remove the smoking pack, DAB, electric seat and bluetooth from the factory fitted options list that's is just about it, so if you ordered back in October/November and are still waiting, PM the BM - he's right about the 10%..........

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine was simply a case of being fed up waiting so I simply made sure that I could get a similar Roc elsewhere within a reasonable time scale (PM the BM), having confirmed that I knew I could tell the dealer I wanted to cancel and get my deposit back if they still could not give me a delivery date. You will need to read the small print in the T&C's on your order form as I guess any cancellations and/or refunds are subject to build status.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update from my dealer over the weekend. My Roc (ordered 18th Oct) with sunroof is now being built and will be available for collection from dealer either end of March or beginning April. It would seem that there will be a massive UK invasion of Rocs this month with all dealers under pressure to maximise year-end sales!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts