Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not posted for a while, however, have been chatting today with Superchips today to give some feedback 4,000 miles post remap on mine and they asked if I knew anyone who was interested in getting their 1.4tsi remapped. Superchips have remapped one manual 1.4tsi car so far (we have not discussed DSG) but want to see another to make sure they are providing the optimum map in terms of both power and torque as the product is ready to go.

Superchips like to benchmark a few cars to make sure there are no differences in the standard maps, the map they use is generic and in this case installed by Superchips (they use their own Bluefin device) or the norm of either using a Bluefin device yourself or an agent, you will get a Bluefin device Bluefin device so you can switch back to standard.

If anyone is interested or has any technical queries i would suggest you speak to them on 01280 816781 rather than rely on forum remap banter, this involves a trip to Superchips HQ in Buckingham where they go through the exercise and also dyno your car on the rollers, we did not discuss numbers post remap.

Having gone down this route myself and been there it makes an interesting day out ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they do let you take happy snaps of it on the rollers and take you out on a road test ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just thought I would let you all know that it was my 1.4tsi that was re-mapped by Superchips. Overall VERY happy with the outcome. They were really professional and helpful. I dealt with Jamie who is very approachable and will explain the whole thing in non technical terms so you have got nothing to lose and everything to gain. :)

They took a print of the initial performance figures (attached below) and then proceeded to try different modifications to get the best results. They increased the power overall by 22bhp, bringing it up to 184bhp @ 5924rpm. They also smoothed out a dip at 3000rpm, which makes for much smoother and eager acceleration, it really pushes you back in the seat...

Once they have tested a couple of other 1.4's they will be in a better position to get the optimum performance out of the car, maybe bringing it up to the 210bhp mark. They can only try to achieve this by testing a couple more 1.4s.

My car now feels much more sporty, you can really notice the re-map. Torque in 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th is pretty amazing, feels much more eager without putting any pressure on the engine.. I have not noticed any change in the petrol consumption, I am still averaging the same as before - 34 mpg.

Overall, a day well spent, and it won't pop your roc! :D

bhp.jpg

to.jpg

pow.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
interestin figures my car standard is 172bhp with 218lbft do ya have 2 bring it 2 superchip 2 get it done

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Turbo, your nearest dealer is dublin:-

Mc Namaras Carburation and
Injection Center
20B Nottingham St
Dublin
01 8553555
t: 01 8553558

Give them a ring, a custom remap can take between 1-4 hours depending on how "accepting" your ECU is to the upgrade. Alternatively a stock bluefin upgrade allows you to do it yourself and switch it on and off with only marginally different results. Although neither the custom or bluefin remap is currently available from the dealer network. As has already been mentioned Superchips are still refining the 1.4tsi remap. Give McNamara's a ring, give them your details and they will contact you when the upgrade becomes available. Alternatively you can get the ferry now and drive to Superchips!! :D :D I know my local dealer quite well and pestered him for 6 weeks before the custom remap became available for the 2.0tsi, he rang me the day it was released and I had it done the next day. Brilliant results!! :shock: :cool: :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
savage boy i will annoy him so hahah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts