Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...........I was speaking to my local "Superchips" agent today, apparently they have released a "Stage 2" remap for the 2.0 tsi. This is a free upgrade for existing bluefin/dealer remap customers, it requires the fitting of a "de-cat miltek exhaust system"................

http://www.nicheconversions.com/shop/pr ... V178FDA54F

£464.29 from nicheconversions (although I am sure it can be found cheaper)

.............and (here is the problem) a cold air-intake induction system. At present the mainstream manufacturers (K&N, Pro-tec, Pipercross) have not released a product yet. My preference would be Pro-tec as this is an entirely stainless steel product (no oiled parts - some people have experienced running problems with K&N induction kits with VW engines due to the "oiled filter" nature of the product).

While you can purchase a "bespoke" induction product from certain providers I personally feel, for everyday use, the cost of these are prohibitive.

Superchips reckon that the addition of an induction kit and exhaust will add somewhere between 10-20 bhp and 10-20 nm on top of the normal remap. The stage 2 remap effectively resets the ECU settings to maximise the additional airflow in (and out) and will give you a further 5-10 (bhp & nm).

The stage 2 remap is available through your dealers now (and via superchips for bluefin customers) free of charge.

Stage 3 is currently in development, and while this should give significant improvements will involve substantial modification (such as new injectors etc) and will involve an extra cost.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think forge and carbino do what you are after. Carbon though, not stainless steel.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Think you need to check yuour facts - 'de-cat'??? Are you sure, milltek dont do a scirocco decat from what i can see, and if they did it wouldnt strictly be road legal..... They dont even list a high flow cat yet i dont think.

As for intakes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with KN etc, unless people over oil them, out of the packet they are absolutely spot on.

I've got a carbonio on mine. . . . :eek: :cool:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andy said:
Think you need to check yuour facts - 'de-cat'??? Are you sure, milltek dont do a scirocco decat from what i can see, and if they did it wouldnt strictly be road legal..... They dont even list a high flow cat yet i dont think.
They aren't my facts matey, its what the local Superchips agent told me, havent a clue TBH as to whether its correct, just assumed he new what he was on about.

Andy said:
As for intakes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with KN etc, unless people over oil them, out of the packet they are absolutely spot on.I've got a carbonio on mine. . . . :eek: :cool:
Do you have any links to where you got it? And how easy was it to fit??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome sell the carbonio and so do a few other agents! If you call Superchips HQ Jamie will be able to answer any questions for you, I have already spoken to Milltek about their high flow cat which I think is circa £600 if I remember correctly and the downpipe is £200 ish, Sir-Rocco who's 250 bhp APS car was featured in VW Driver was used as the devlopment car for the full system. I must say it did sound lovely but I think he had some reservations with the Non-Res section and motorway droning!

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/produc...=949&jssCart=d7f7a5944bae8eb143a4fa9eb1d22a0a

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to nicheconversions today and ordered the Carbino intake. How easy has everyone found it to fit? Is it straightforward enough or should I rule a day out of my diary!! :D

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
imitebeurda said:
Spoke to nicheconversions today and ordered the Carbino intake. How easy has everyone found it to fit? Is it straightforward enough or should I rule a day out of my diary!! :D
i have seen a post on fitting it but i think it was on the other side scirocco*******, it was fairly easy by all accounts the only slight problem i seem to remember was a hole had to be elongated,

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
just stolen this from the other side

Report this postReply with quote Carbonio
by Andy-GTI » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Fitted this today

Dead easy to fit, needed one of the slam panel bolt holes elongating to fit, but coule mins with the dremel and it was sorted.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats not to bad then! Wonder what peoples experience of them are? They certainly get a good write up, does anyone who has one fitted notice better throttle response/better bhp/better engine note?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.