Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supply is now tighter than ever. Having spoken to many customers over the last few weeks dealers are now tightening up on discounts. The remaining websites still quoting huge discounts now have enormous waiting lists. There are no cars in central stock. Dealer stock is very limited with some garages not even able to offer demonstration facilities. Volkswagen used cars are nearly list price and there are very few held at milton keynes. If you want to sell a Scirocco now is the time to do it. Demonstrators are now rising in price as a result of limited availability and Volkswagens reduced margin niche programme. With low allocation and Volkswagen prioritising new polo this can only continue for the next few months. Scirocco will remain a rare sight on the roads. Finance residuals have strengthened by around £1000 over the last 6 weeks as a result. New GTI is even worse with half the allocation of Scirocco and residuals to match.

Expect the arrival of Scirocco R to make the brand even more desirable and difficult to get hold of. No information yet available on pricing or allocation. Scirocco is 2 per dealer per month, and GTI 1 per dealer per month.

5% discount on Scirocco for forum members still holds. 1 allocation remains for June. £500 discount on GTi for members. No information on Scirocco R 2 Deposits now taken.

BM

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That is interesting, and backed up by evidence on car mart websites... could not find a used rocco with 6k miles and decent spec for less than £22k last time I looked, now i'm thinking I could possibly sell mine at a profit and stick in an order for an R, now that would be magic :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Was in my local dealers today, they had just received their GTI demo, 5 door, 19" alloys, parking sensors front and rear, DSG, leather seats, upgraded audio, £27k.

Going for a test drive later this week.

Asked the sales manager if he was looking forward to driving it, and he replied he would rather sell it !!!!!!!!!! ;) No wonder at that price.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
So BM is there a genuine reason why even though I've placed my order over 2 months ago I still don't have a confirmed build week or is my dealer messing me about.
A 12 week lead in at end of March has been extended twice with still no firm dates. Or has he sold my original slot to someone else to clinch a deal ? :x

·
Registered
86 Posts
ZephyR said:
So BM is there a genuine reason why even though I've placed my order over 2 months ago I still don't have a confirmed build week or is my dealer messing me about.
A 12 week lead in at end of March has been extended twice with still no firm dates. Or has he sold my original slot to someone else to clinch a deal ? :x
My expected 10-12 weeks has turned into "we expect it to be in the country in about 6 weeks" which will make it a minimum of 15 weeks from order to delivery.

I placed my order at the beginning of April.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ZephyR said:
In March we were quoting 26 weeks so that may be why. Having said that the 2 cars we ordered in March for local people have been and gone in may - what spec is the car?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
business manager said:
ZephyR said:
In March we were quoting 26 weeks so that may be why. Having said that the 2 cars we ordered in March for local people have been and gone in may - what spec is the car?
Its a 1.4 TSI, Manual in Candy white with 18" Interlagos, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel & Parking sensors

·
Registered
42 Posts
Interesting comments about stock. Over the last few weeks I was offred a variety of cars from stock with a four week lead time, mainly from listers. Poss cancelled orders etc The difficult bit was getting a car to test drive. Being a company car driver switches every salesman off. In the last week everything seems to have dried up and nothing about so went for factory order and being quoted max 16 weeks.... lets see when it turns up!

I do know the business got 8% with a 2%vrb from dealer direct. Same old rule, purchasing power and volume speaks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was reading today on a Belgium forum.
The lead time for Belgium is horrifying long; Some guys even ordered way back in January-February and still are looking forward to wait until week 38 (end september). Built dates are being postponed and stuff like that.
Wen I first went in at the VW dealer (end March, beginning of April, if I ordered I had to wait until October, possibly November for it to be delivered).
Luckily I found a well specced stock model...... otherwise I would have to wait for months.

How is it that lead time differs so much from country to country? UK seems to have a 12 week lead time, Belgium over 6 months. How is this possible?????

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fantastic update to read...cannot say how much after each drive the car impresses.... im very lucky to have got hold of citygate watfords demo which they registered in Jan. Albeit they put 9700 on the clock it drives as new. The car to have. Still not used to being looked at by everyone on the road with envy! Cheers Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've joined the every growing number of people waiting for a Scirocco. Ordered a candy white standard spec 2.0 TSi (am hoping standard spec = faster build/delivery!). Order was placed on 1st June and have been given September as the expected delivery date. Lets hope I do see it then. I'm in the hands of the gods really as ordered it through a company car scheme! Imagine how good it would be to get it sooner but think that's just dreaming. It seems like there's as many people waiting for their Roc as there are people driving one!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.