Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone driven their Roc in Europe yet? VW/Audi usually do plastic headlight covers which have an integral blanked out section to make the lights safe when driving on the right. My dealer suggests its too early for these to be available on the Roc. They only apply to standard lights [which i have]. Taking Roc over in 2 months..Alsace, eastern france...tantalisingly close to the german border and those long stretches of derugulated autobahn! :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
I pick mine up tomorrow Monday AM and and driving to Monaco for the F1 on the Tuesday, does anyone know what needs to be done to the headlights, my mates coming in his R32 and has a switch under the bonnet to move the lights for left hand drive ? Does the Rocc have the same ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
As far as I'm aware, the roc doesn't come with that switch, manx. I'm driving to Europe next week and I'm still trying to figure out how to apply the light deflectors, I've gone through two sets already and reasonably can't see much difference. Think I'm going to try a different brand though I'll have the SatNav set for the nearest VW dealer in Calais to see if I can get hold of the plastic headlight covers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi
Just been to vw to see about lights and was told no mamual light movment and if only going for a few days it would be ok
Hope French plod are as uderstanding as the local dealer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey,

I live in Germany and untill forced to change my lights for continental ones (by work!) was never ever bothered by the plod or the monkeys! :clap:

·
Registered
101 Posts
ManxKarl said:
I pick mine up tomorrow Monday AM and and driving to Monaco for the F1 on the Tuesday, does anyone know what needs to be done to the headlights, my mates coming in his R32 and has a switch under the bonnet to move the lights for left hand drive ? Does the Rocc have the same ?
Good skills! - Makes my 750 miles to Le Mans and back look fairly insignificant :) You'll have a superb drive I'm sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts