Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone on here reccomend me a good vw dealer in south wales please???

i phoned up lastweek about a special offer they were running all this week from 4-7pm regarding testdrives, which was on their internet site, strangly the salesguy knew nothing about it till i informed him of it and he looked at it and found it himself, so he took my name and number i booked an appoitment for today, to testdrive the roc and golf gti. also said to him any probs if you can let me know, yh no problem he said.

so i get to the dealers at 5.30pm finished work early got there went to reception asked for my contact to find out he wasnt in.

ok can someone else help me, over comes another salesman, asks me what i had arranged told him and he said slight problem, i cant take you out as im the only one here, and we have no demo roc it was sold last week, plus cant take u in the golf as i cant leave the showroom, also its a bit late for testdrives.

i told him that on their website they had a special event to drive the roc and golf gti aswell as others from 4-7pm and this is the time that i arranged with the guy.

he then asked if i am available tommorow, to which i replied possibly but i said u havnt got a demo anyway..

i then walked out and said dont worry.

tbh im really really dissapointed ive never had or used vw before and if this is the service you get perhaps i should go for a different make of car.

i thought dealers would be biting your hand off to try and sell cars not this.

im very tempted to put a letter in to the dealer principal stating all this.

what a complete waste of my time, how can they hold an event without a demo???

G

·
I havent had a VW for a good few years. I can say my return to the brand has been a truely bad experience as far as the dealers are concerned, and in fact VW UK for that matter.

Im afraid to say VW are no longer at the quality end of the market for service or product in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I like otheres on here have had bad experiences with their local dealer and the quality of the service differs considerably from one to the next. I drove past 3 dealers when I brought the wifes new car as I knew their service was good. When I brought the roco I must have gone past 100 dealers to get the car I wanted, but it was an ex demo so no choice really. Never had any experince of VW UK so not able to comment there.

G

·
I own my own business (Sales & Marketing Recruitment). If i treated a new customer like that they would go elsewhere.

Save yourself the hassle, buy another brand.

·
Registered
658 Posts
WHAT.... just move on to another garage... thy all aint bad... How could u turn down a Roc... its fantastic!!! Worth another shot at the next garage nearby

x

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences Kianok, and I sympathise as I had a bad experience with my factory order, but you can't go around the forum telling people to buy other cars, simply because of your own experience.

I canned by dealers and factory order, picked up my ex-demo without issue, and so far no problems. Anyway were hijacking this poor guys thread...

back to the matter in hand. I had good conversations with VW Cardiff, although I didn't buy from them.. maybe worth a call?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Scott - try Capital Volkswagen in Merthyr. I have bought 2 new cars through them in the past and are very good, both for sales and service. Dont always give the best deals though if thats what you are after, and they have a gorgeous red Mk6 Gti in the showroom ;) Newport VW are ok, C****f were not very good when I last went (3 years ago) to buy a car through them. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies guys, im going to put a letter in like to hear their response.

who do i address it to?? is it the dealer principal or is there another name???

i want to sent it right to the top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.