Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the phone with my local dealer today and have booked a test drive for Saturday. I've not seen the new Rocco in the flesh yet so looking forward to it. Its up against a BMW 1 Coupe (125i M Sport) which I drove last weekend.

I'll try and get a review on here after the weekend.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Your review will be interesting as I had also shortlisted the BMW. First sight and drive of the scirocco and it was BMWho!!!

Lets know what you think

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi

I have got a 48 hour test drive of the Scirocco soon as well as the BMW 120d M sport and A3 SLine 170. I will be interested in what other people think on her of the alternatives to the Scirocco.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The new renault megane coupe might be a posible alternative. It has "quirky" looks and is priced a lot cheaper. Yes I know it is a renault and if you were watching top gear on sunday will "break down in 6 minutes". I would think its a good car but wouldnt feel like something special.

The only other car I can think of is the Alfa Brera. Little bit more pricey but does look so good.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i sat in a megane coupe at mph/tg live in birmingham on saturday, its is hideous, visability is worse in rear and through hatch, like all meganes it has a big [email protected], seating position is high and seats unsupportive, got out and girl said would i be interested saying why would i when i have a scirocco, also scirocco got sub zero status on the audience tg team cool wall so hoping it will get the tv outing it deserves

·
Registered
8 Posts
greeper said:
Hi

I have got a 48 hour test drive of the Scirocco soon as well as the BMW 120d M sport and A3 SLine 170. I will be interested in what other people think on her of the alternatives to the Scirocco.
Are all the dealers doing 48 hour test drives?

·
Registered
22 Posts
scirocco said:
greeper said:
Hi

No - Mine is 48 hours as it will be a company car.

My test drive is booked in for the 2nd :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
greeper said:
scirocco said:
greeper said:
Hi

No - Mine is 48 hours as it will be a company car.

My test drive is booked in for the 2nd :D
Ok Cheers, so I ownt be offended now when they say I can only drive it around the block

1 - 11 of 11 Posts