Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been lurking on here for about a week now and the temptation has been growing majorly! So this afternoon I marched into my nearest (helpful) dealership and had a test drive in a blue 2.0 TSI GT which I loved...

My current car is a 55 reg Seat Leon Cupra R with 225ps so the 200ps lump was slightly less powerful than I'm used to but not that you'd really notice... driving position in these cars is great and the quality of finish and features is excellent. I got home a few hours ago and have been posting for sale ad's for my LCR all over the net ever since :wtf:

I'll probably order my Scirocco as a company car though so can only have the 170TDI which I hope will be nearly as much fun as the petrol GT. I would be interested in peoples experiences of the TDI lump as being such a new option there is very little knowledge on the net.

Options wise, I'd like candy white, 19'' rims, Truffle leather, Dynaudio, Xenons, and the panoramic roof. Parking sensors would be a bonus but not essential as I'm used to the poor rear visability of the LCR :lol:

Any pics of Rocco's with this colour combination would be greatly appreciated - I have found a few but no really good ones so far!

Anyway, thanks for reading - I can tell it's going to be a long time waiting for the new car but am looking forward to becoming a proud owner!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! I can't wait to be behind the wheel of another VW Coupe!

WIll have a look for 170TDI Golf reviews - good idea Rocket!

Here's a little taster of my last Coupe!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Jack said:
Hi Dub, welcome, I was the same, as soon as I drove the new Roc I knew i was going to get one, just go for it and enjoy it. :thumbup:
Thanks matey... and to think I nearly went for a 1 series coupe! Every time I see one on the road it has a lady driving it :lol: Do think they're nice though, just not AS nice!

imitebeurda, no it was a 2.0 16V but I spent a obscene amount on the engine! Went like stink but after buying the LCR it kinda lost it's x factor :lol:

And to keep the pics going - here's one of my current LCR!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are a lot of fun and not a day has passed with out me grinning like a complete idiot when driving it :lol:
I nearly bought an FR but the LCR stole my heart!

What I would say though is that after coming from the Corrado it just doesn't have that head turn factor - ok the odd petrol head will notice and thats always nice but the C just had that much more presence... I'd like to think the new Rocco has that same kind of factor and from what I've read I'm nigh on certain that I'm right!

My wife doesn't get it at all but she's all up for the Scirocco after falling in love with the mk5 Golf in terms of driving experience and quality... I think the Rocco will become the best half way house between my VAG requirements and her liking of my daily driver! She's certainly been more affectionate since I came home and informed her of my decision :mrgreen:

Anyways, to keep the pic posts coming - here's the shot that convinced me of the Rocco - you may notice my liking of the whole VW coup and Porker wheels theme although I doubt I'll be able to mod my new Rocco quite as much if it's on leace...

(btw - I'm loving how similar this forum set up is to the The Corrado Forum - where I moderate)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been following these forums and I think its a stunning car. However, I think the pricing seems very steep for what they are. I was just comparing the pricing on the 170 tdi and the 200bhpGT petrol. and the petrol is cheaper and obviosly faster.

I personally would go for GT over the TDI as I don't see a massive difference in MPG.

ha but thats probably cos i've had diesel for the last 5 yrs and am sick of the noisy engine and slowness. come on! Go for the petrol, you would get bored with the diesel quite quick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice C matey - I'm a big fan of the valvers for the handling and will at some point get back behind the wheel of a VR but only as a weekend toy - prices are at an all time low at the moment too :thumbup:

Did you ever use the corrado forum?

Good news today too - my advert for the LCR went up on Piston Heads this morning and a deal was done today at 4PM - has to be the fastest I've ever sold a car - just wondering now if I under priced it!!!

Ah well I got 50 shy of full asking and it's still nigh on a grand more than I'd have got in PX so I can't comlain... just have to wait until Monday to find out if the company will approve the Rocco as a company motor! I can't see why they won't as you can have a Golf and the 1 series coupe is on the list so surely I'll be OK with a Roc?

Only reason I'm doubting is after discussing the option with my manager this afternoon he said as no one has ordered one before he couldn't say for sure... :?

Any words of encouragement would be gratefully recieved as not only have I just parted with my pride and joy but I now also have slight doubts running through my mind... worst case senario will have me in a privately funded Roc so I guess all will be cool in the end either way!

And to keep the pics coming here's a couple of my Golf cab which I sold last year - threads with pics are always more fun to read if you ask me ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dubber,

Not sure what you do for a living but have you considered opting out? you take an extra allowance a yr maybe 4k which you put towards the car and you will also get 40p per mile for 1st 10k and then 25p for anything after.

you have to pay for your services etc but you save money in your tax code which is a bonus plus make money back on fuel etc. Companies normally prefer people to opt out as they dont have the car on their books.

let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yes I was on the Corrado forum but more of a lurker back in those days. Actually found the car on the classifieds forum there. PH is great, especially their classifieds.

I was pondering the idea of getting another VR6 as a weekend car too. A mint storm is only £4k to £5k now but then again there are so many other options for the same price

Hope you manage to bring your manager around.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am sure the 170 TDI is a fantastic engine. The tdi's have always had a great reputation!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
entropy said:
Dubber,

Not sure what you do for a living but have you considered opting out? you take an extra allowance a yr maybe 4k which you put towards the car and you will also get 40p per mile for 1st 10k and then 25p for anything after.

you have to pay for your services etc but you save money in your tax code which is a bonus plus make money back on fuel etc. Companies normally prefer people to opt out as they dont have the car on their books.

let us know how you get on.
I was paying for the LCR with a company car allowance matey and have decided to opt back in - IO know what you're saying but tbh I was getting £400 a month which only just covered the payments to Seat finance... then there's servicing every 10K miles, road tax and insurance to think about! My work pay 15p per mile which just about covered the fuel but there wasn't any extra to keep up with running costs. It worked it out that I'm probably about a grand worse off a year!

imitebeurda said:
dubber, truly stunning car matey. Love it :thumbup:
Cheers bud.. I do miss it but no power steering and mk1 brakes meant it could be a bit of a pig to drive on those rims! Again it's another car that I plan to have again one day in my dream garage :thumbup:

TonyIroc said:
Yes I was on the Corrado forum but more of a lurker back in those days. Actually found the car on the classifieds forum there. PH is great, especially their classifieds.

I was pondering the idea of getting another VR6 as a weekend car too. A mint storm is only £4k to £5k now but then again there are so many other options for the same price

Hope you manage to bring your manager around.
I know what you mean about other cars in that sort of bracket - part of me thinks that when the time comes to buy a new toy I'll robably go down a different route... Porsche or TVR maybe???

atayub said:
I am sure the 170 TDI is a fantastic engine. The tdi's have always had a great reputation!
Yeah, I had a 130ps TDI Passat as a company car a few years ago and that managed to keep up with my mates VR6 pretty well although I've heard the 2.0 lumps have a different power delivery to the older 1.9's - either way I'm sure it won't dissapoint!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.