Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a tracker fitted to their Roc, and if so who have you used and what model have you gone for? Also has it made any difference to your insurance quote, obviously the cost needs to be worth while.

Not even thought about one before cos I've not had a car that really needs one!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Tracker is a good product but very expensive. You need to have a nice 'roc to justify this expensive item.

And remember if someone has stolen your car and ramped it do you want it back? Or is it better to claim off your gap insurance and get another one.......brand new?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Finally something that BM and I agree on!!!

Having the GAP insurance gives me more peace of mind over the tracker; as if someone nicks your Roc and thrashes seven bells out of it ( which is why they stole it in the first place) and then trashes it ,the tracker which as BM says is very expensive does not stop the theft or helps you recoup the cost of replacement.

I got two qotes for my insurance i.e. with or without tracker and it made £80 a year difference with one. I managed to get my GAP thrown in on my deal but I believe it should be around £300 over the three year lease arrangement (one for BM) or £700 for a tracker plus annual subscription - so an easy calculation.

Personally if I had pimped my Roc and it was one of a kind I would probably track it otherwise go for the GAP insurance to give you the peace of mind IMHO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've already got the GAP insurance sorted which will cover the loss of the car more than adequately. As you say, the tracker is expensive to buy and the yearly subscription will probably out weigh any benefits on the insurance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
which is a bit of a shame really. Better to let your car get nicked and claim off the insurance than to prevent it getting nicked in the first place. That said, gap insurance all lined up for Monday!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Better to let your car get nicked and claim off the insurance than to prevent it getting nicked in the first place
i'm not sure the tracker really prevents the car being taken in the first place, Only visible deterrnet might be the window sticker, but this is about as much use a rusty fake alarm box on outside of the house... most scallies will still suck it and see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts