Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you haven't been on scirocco central....

Picked up the roc today, woo hoo! This is my 3rd new car so the novelty of collection is starting to wear off a bit and to be honest i miss my mini a little. Waited for the last few bits and pieces to be done on the car (sills, and pedals were fitted), had a nice chat with some of the guys at the dealership, signed all the documents and handed my money over, then jumped in the car and set off home....

Kept my right foot on a tight leash and made sure not to exceed 3,000 rpm on the way home but did notice how well the car picks up in 6th when pulling out to overtake lorries, this was when the first big cheesey grin crept across my ugly mug! :D Cheesy grin number 2 followed shortly after when i realised every other car that passed me had onboard someone doing a serious amount of rubber necking! Also quite a few cars were slowing down to cruise along next to me and take a good look.

When I test drove the scirocco i was more focussed upon how it drove than anything else but on the way home I starded to notice just how great the attention to detail is on this car, there are so many great features. Anyone noticed that the caps for the headlight bulbs have the VW logo cut into them?

I got home after about a 30 min drive and things got better, my mats and candy monster stickers had arrived :clap:

Gave the Roc a quick wash, went round the block to dry the brakes off and then took a few pics. Have sat in the car most of the afternoon fiddling with buttons and have fallen in love with it already :D

here's some pics of it looking tasty :yummy:























Sorry about all the pics but thought some of you would be interested in the mats :yes:

Maybe I'll debadge the rear tommorrow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
looks very nice well wear and enjoy those miles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
nice pics Candy Monster! Now I know what to expect at end of March (thats ages away !), although yours has a few more extras on it!

Out of interest, do heated seats only come with the winter pack? I thought they were standard with leather.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skippy said:
nice pics Candy Monster! Now I know what to expect at end of March (thats ages away !), although yours has a few more extras on it!

Out of interest, do heated seats only come with the winter pack? I thought they were standard with leather.
Cheers, Heated seats come with leather. I also have the folding mirrors (which are heated) so the winter pack becomes pretty much redundant for me as. If you spec winter pack in addition to folding mirrors and leather the only extras you get are headlamp washers and heated washer jets. I guess these make sense if your doing a lot of winter motorway miles but I tend to wash my cars at least once a week (more when the roads are salty) and try and stay off the road when it's really cold and icy. The Roc is my weekend toy really :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
Candy Monster said:
skippy said:
nice pics Candy Monster! Now I know what to expect at end of March (thats ages away !), although yours has a few more extras on it!

Out of interest, do heated seats only come with the winter pack? I thought they were standard with leather.
Cheers, Heated seats come with leather. I also have the folding mirrors (which are heated) so the winter pack becomes pretty much redundant for me as. If you spec winter pack in addition to folding mirrors and leather the only extras you get are headlamp washers and heated washer jets. I guess these make sense if your doing a lot of winter motorway miles but I tend to wash my cars at least once a week (more when the roads are salty) and try and stay off the road when it's really cold and icy. The Roc is my weekend toy really :mrgreen:
Heated mirrors are standard, absolutely nothing to do with the winter pack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Andy"Heated mirrors are standard, absolutely nothing to do with the winter pack.
My bad, more reason not to spec the winter pack then IMO

I need to re-read the brochures, i'm getting rusty :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
Candy Monster said:
My bad, more reason not to spec the winter pack then IMO

I need to re-read the brochures, i'm getting rusty :lol:
Not really, the cost of the winter pack varies depending on other options specified.

Retrofitting headlight washers is a major job, most other options are relatively easy (bar the pano roof)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
I originally didn't spec the Winter pack once I learnt heated seats are standard with Leather, however the car I eventually settled for already had the Pack spec'd in.

Back in December I was part of a convoy of cars that drove 60 miles to a wedding, in freezing Scottish temperature, everyone’s washers had frozen bar mine, so I was really glad I had them.

If I was to order again it would definitely be added but I understand it can be a high price to pay for heated washers when you can have electric seats for a lot less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i'd probably find the heated washers more useful than the headlamp washers. I did things the other way around, speced the winter pack and then found a car without it that had everything else i wanted plus more. Heated seats were the main thing i was after anyway. But like i say, depends what your gonna use your car for. At the end of the day the winter pack is another selling point when you decide to chop it in for a newer model.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top