Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Derek,

Thanks for all your help and support you've put into the site - I'm actually surprised you lasted so long - knowing how much time a new-born takes up !! On a personal level we are loving life down under in Perth, Australia - nearly a year already - how time flies in. My Roc left the UK On 09-Oct and should be here on 15-Nov - bought a number plate for it - SCIROCCO1 - tried to get SCIROCCO but it was gone - suspect by a VW dealer in Perth probably !! Will post some photos when I get it on. LCM is due over soon - will meet up with him for a few beers and a barby. Just remember if you ever fancy coming over for a holiday there will now be 2 places to stay free of charge. Give my regards to your dad !! TJ

·
Registered
245 Posts
Steve,

Oh I forgot to say in my last post - Welcome - you've got a hard act to follow in Derek - but I'm sure you'll do fine !!

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks TJ,

Much appreciated. He was back over in Ireland for a while but Intel has hit delays so he's back for a while. I might take you up on that over if you're still over there when the wee man's got a year or two under his belt!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Derek,

The reason I brought the Scirocco over was that we love the work and lifestyle over here and we are applying for Permanent Residence - my company is going to sponsor me. We are renting just now - but busy saving up for a deposit for our own house with pool early/mid next year. This really is one of the most expensive places to live in the world but fortunately we both have good jobs with great money - so the sky's the limit. Scirocco, House, Pool, Boat, Campervan - in that order !! Lol So in answer to your question - we'll still be here when your wee man is a teenager !! Lol Tell your mum and dad their wecome too !! TJ

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Thanks ED for everything... It could not of gone better :thumbup:

And welcome Steve... So you ordered a scirocco yet :lol:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Derek,

You did a good job on the forum and sad to see it end. The newby has a lot to live up to. :thumbup:

Tom

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thanks for all you have done to make the forum what it is Derboy - what are you going to do with all your spare time now - help Ulian with his sidelights :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though mate many thanks for carrying the baton for so long and a big welcome to Steve.

As TJ says hopefully we will see you down under sometime :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I thought Derv would hang his hat up soon. Too much talk of other cars to get imo.
I must say Derv has done a great job. :clap: He does love all the tech side of what we don`t see and has taken the community forward. He is now one of the boys again but I`m sure we can still wind and slag him off :thumbup: till April :thumbdown:

Welcome Steve :wave: Best of luck running this lot ;)

First thing is - where has the "like" option went?

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It was missing due to a permissions issue but for some reason when you click it, it's no longer working properly. It must have gotten broken somehow in the server move. Leave it with us and we'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thank's Deboy and welcome Steve :thumbup: :wave:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sad news to read and I have to say that the reception from Derek when we joined was great and I really enjoy being on the forum - long may it continue :thumbup:

Welcome Steve :wave:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts