Volkswagen Scirocco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else seen a new Ford Focus RS on the roads yet??

I've seen Three in the last two days....green, blue and white and all in the same area. That means they are already more common than Scirocco, Ive only seen 3 Rocs in 7 months other than mine!

I loved the first Focus RS as a youngster and REALLY wanted one, however, these threee didnt 'do it for me'. I would happily have one if given it but buy one myself Im not sure, Amost a bit too loud looking. Maybe the relative subtlety of the Roc has turned me compared to the loud, shouting, 'in your face' of an RS. Still, I bet the performance is amazing. :eek:

Anyone else seen any? What did you think?

·
Registered
275 Posts
i think its very expensive for what it is, ok 300bhp very nice, but its the same interior engine as the focus st all be it a few changes. fords are having issues with delivery times aswell.

im afraid to say the colour match on the green is dreadful the bumpers door skirts etc look like they are a different green truely shocking esp for that sort of money.

also the focus st was bad enough of fuel and tyres i dread to think what this is going to be.

its a nice car if you have that sort of money and each to their own.

this was going to be my next car, now looks pretty certain its going to be a roc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well it was a good car to drive on the track and the race drivers showed us exactly but the car could do but for 26grand the could get a far better spec'd Scirocco. Yes well dont start me on delivery times.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ohhh easy thats not true. Iv owned 4 fords and never taken one back but the Scirocco's been in for rear rattle, new drivers seat and there now seems to be a tyre issue. Oh and it came with the bodywork and windows all scratched.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I think the new Focus RS is a cracking motor. Would love one, but still prefer my 2.0tsi roc, and if its in competition with the scirocco R I think the R wins hands down. If only the R had been 4WD there would have been no competition at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.